#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Lol watching return of the jedi this is is growing tiresome

Just watch the hot Leia outfit scenes, the space battle, and the Luke vs. Vader. vs Emperor finale all on youtube and you'll be satisfied.

Edited by Ozymandias
  • Like 2

Weird that one source says softer matinees and the other says insane. Also strange that the 220 number is the exact same number Disney predicted yesterday. 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/box-office-star-wars-force-849854

" Box office observers say Force Awakens, graced with an A CinemaScore and rave reviews, could climb as high as $240 million-$245 million by weekend's end domestically. Either way, it's destined to eclipse the $208.8 million North American debut of Jurassic World this summer and set a new record. Disney and Lucasfilm are erring on the side of caution, projecting $220 million."

As long as it breaks the record but I think it could pick up with the WC just getting started for the night now.

Edited by somebody85

2 minutes ago, Darth Dexter of Hoth said:

What is the average winter legs? 

3.5X multiplier is average.  I'd be surprised to see higher than that for Ep7 considering the Thursday preview number.  But I definitely expect it to beat Titantic

6 minutes ago, CJ Ren said:

I know something bad is coming because WrathOfHan and Numbers already told me I am gonna freak out.

Speaking of Netflix, I have yet to see Jessica Jones :kitschjob: 

I checked out three episodes didn't really take.

5 minutes ago, Chewy said:

Serious for a sec, we don't know what a 200M OW means for winter legs. We don't even really know what a 100M OW means for winter legs. These are uncharted waters

ROTK had a 3x multi from its 5-day (which would be around $275M today with a modern format split and screencount). 

Somewhere around $190M if it had opened on a Friday.

Edited by cory
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Chewy said:

I hope it beats Avatar by like 50 cents. I'm so ready to scroll past a decade of admissions arguments

I am gonna make a post laughing at all the Avatar fans and then I am gonna leave that thread and never return.

• Like 1

For the record the previous record for the Saturday before Christmas is ROTK's 27.5m (the December Saturday record is IAL's 28.8)

It adjusts to around $60m today.

Edited by cory
  • Like 2