#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

3 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Please don’t tell me that some people are calling this disappointing ot underwhelming. You are still getting your phenomenal previews number and the OW record (in the winter, no less!)...  Nobody should  be surprised that the granddaddy of all genre franchises and the most anticipated sequel of our time might be frontloaded. Duh. 

What people are forgetting is that this still is going to have phenomenal legs.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

I sense a great disturbance in the Force... as April hits and SW sputters out at 734m.

This won't be another Avatar. It will disappear fast from theaters after MLK weekend.

6 minutes ago, Cochofles said:

Please don’t tell me that some people are calling this disappointing ot underwhelming. You are still getting your phenomenal previews number and the OW record (in the winter, no less!)...  Nobody should  be surprised that the granddaddy of all genre franchises and the most anticipated sequel of our time might be frontloaded. Duh. 

Once you get a taste of fine wine (300 m OW) you can't go back to wine coolers (220 m OW).

• Like 1

So it's only going to get $30m+ over the previous December record holder for a Saturday... and that makes people think this is front loaded? This is DECEMBER! The legs on this thing are going to be almost as impressive as it's opening weekend. 

• Like 1

LOL so this is Potter-level frontloaded. How completely not shocking.

I mean, is anyone actually surprised by this? This thing was always going to be insanely frontloaded. This isn't a typical December release, nobody is holding off until next weekend to see it to complete their shopping.

• Like 1