#ED

Star Wars The Force Awakens: Opening Weekend | Actuals In 1st Post | $247,966,675 | The Force Awoke... and it's not sleeping anytime soon | 119, 68, 60

34 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

Is SW7 going to make the studios think "Oh ok, so we dont have to jam our movie in the summer to get a massive OW. We should really use December more in the future." Or they'll just go like "That doesnt mean anything. SW7 is gonna break the record no matter what month that is."

Ever since I've been tracking Box office I've wondered why studios haven't used December more. Ive always said decemeber doesn't effect a film opening so it's nice to have a film finally prove me right 

We've had plenty of big event movies open in December before. Six middle earth films and Avatar are the obvious ones. 

This is nothing new. Only that we're used to Star Wars being summer. 

The biggest thing I believe it will change is how studios market their tent pole pictures. Audiences don't want to know everything before they go in. They want the surprise. 

My sister turned to me last night during the trailers last night and asked what the point was in them showing Batman and Superman united at the end of the trailer. Sums up what everyone else is doing. 

Edited by wildphantom
  • Like 1

Ok so what are the chances that this hits $200m by end of Saturday? Don't think it'll quite make it but my god wouldn't that be just the thing.

Also, I'm waiting until the 30th to see this. I could see it earlier but I want my first viewing of this to be IMAX.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rth said:

Well let's just say the 50-55 that was mentioned few places early well truely in right ball park, didn't take it long get  #2 spot 

That's nice and all. 

But what about the Sisters preview numbers?

Actually, what's the #2 reference?

Edited by DeeCee

10 minutes ago, solaris said:

Ok so what are the chances that this hits $200m by end of Saturday? Don't think it'll quite make it but my god wouldn't that be just the thing.

Also, I'm waiting until the 30th to see this. I could see it earlier but I want my first viewing of this to be IMAX.

I'm going again tonight in IMAX. 0315 am, but still imax. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Obi-Wan Telemachos said:

6am and after is considered Friday. Anything before, Thursday. 

sooo... (HISHE reference for Frozen) if a nearly 4 hour movie started at 5:59am and ran until almost 10am would it still count as Thursday previews?  serious question.

17 minutes ago, Rth said:

Well let's just say the 50-55 that was mentioned few places early well truely in right ball park, didn't take it long get  #2 spot 

Can you elaborate on this please?  What does number 2 thing mean?

• Like 1

4 hours ago, parkerthegreat said:

50 is decent, 55 is good, 60 is ideal. 60 puts my 250 predict into play.

Have we lost all perspective here when 50 is just decent?  LOL, do you have any idea how big this number is?

• Like 14

All morning news shows are doing star wars themed shows or reports.

Biggest mainstream media event for box office news in recent times.

Presales at 139 million according to cbc news at release for Sw7. 

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 3