AndyLL

***SPOILERS*** The Force Awakens Spoiler Thread ***SPOILERS ALLOWED*** You have been warned! DO NOT ENTER if you don't want to be spoiled

I honestly would really like to see a in-betweenqul about all that went down with Luke and Ben. they would have to use different actors though, but a story about how Luke founded a Jedi School and started to teach Jedi hopefuls only to have it destroyed by his own nephew would make for a very interesting movie. 

Edited by Kalo
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, Kalo said:

I agree I also believe she is Luke daughter, I just don't know how Han and Leia don't know about her, from the looks of it she was probably put on Jakku for safety by Luke after Ben Solo's turn to the darkside. unless my Mara Jade theory is true and Luke didn't even know about Rey. I'm not convinced "Rey" is really her real name either, she kind of seemed like she was lying or it was just a name she gave herself. 

I think they had suspicions but just didn't voice them because they're not close enough to know for sure. Like I'm 100% sure Leia knew by the end. It even looks like that goodbye scene had some abrupt editing that probably cut out a longer scene.

Saw it last night. Absolutely loved it. It may have not been perfect, but damn was it excellent entertaining. The action was terrific, the special effects were amazing, and I thought the script was terrific, so many funny lines and excellent acting from the main cast all-around. When Han died, I was actually in tears.b 

My only major complaints was that the three acts felt a little scattered, but otherwise there wasn't much I really complained about, well maybe, Luke's screentime (more of a nitpick than anything).

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

I think they had suspicions but just didn't voice them because they're not close enough to know for sure. Like I'm 100% sure Leia knew by the end. It even looks like that goodbye scene had some abrupt editing that probably cut out a longer scene.

that's very possible. like maybe they were going to reveal it in that scene but decided to save it for EP VIII. with everything that was set up and accomplished EP VIII could turn out to be insanely good. I kind of feel like this had so much to do it's amazing it all worked as well as it did, but for EP VIII they can just plugged right into the story. 

3 minutes ago, Kalo said:

that's very possible. like maybe they were going to reveal it in that scene but decided to save it for EP VIII. with everything that was set up and accomplished EP VIII could turn out to be insanely good. I kind of feel like this had so much to do it's amazing it all worked as well as it did, but for EP VIII they can just plugged right into the story. 

I think JJ said recently in an interview that there was a scene they cut that delved into the "who is Luke Skywalker" question. I think that appears to be the Leia and Rey scene that looks like it was cut down significantly (really weird that they hugged and then.. she just leaves). Maybe it's just something Rian Johnson really wanted to deal with in his film.

10 minutes ago, Kalo said:

I honestly would really like to see a in-betweenqul about all that went down with Luke and Ben. they would have to use different actors though, but a story about how Luke founded a Jedi School and started to teach Jedi hopefuls only to have it destroyed by his own nephew would make for a very interesting movie. 

Are they gonna sell a movie about Jedi Hogwarts to kids with the forgone conclusion that they're all going to die. 

1 minute ago, moviesRus said:

I think JJ said recently in an interview that there was a scene they cut that delved into the "who is Luke Skywalker" question. I think that appears to be the Leia and Rey scene that looks like it was cut down significantly (really weird that they hugged and then.. she just leaves). Maybe it's just something Rian Johnson really wanted to deal with in his film.

Or was it when Han said... "it's true... all of it"

I expected a little more 'questioning' from Finn/Rey to precede his comments.

3 minutes ago, Blan Solo said:

It's weird... I'm seeing it again tomorrow night, so I'm actually gonna bail out of this thread again because I want to go in without details fresh in my mind haha

I've seen it twice, and I already can't wait to see it again. planning on seeing it in IMAX on monday or tuesday.

• Like 1

• Community Manager

Better than the prequels. I think I rank it slightly above Return of the Jedi but beneath Empire Strikes Back and A New Hope. It was a great Star Wars movie from beginning to end, I enjoyed every moment of it, and it certainly felt wittier than any other Star Wars movie. The franchise awakens and soars in this new episode!

My one real complaint is that Rey (who as far as we know had no formal training even if she was good on Jakku) being able to beat Kylo Ren. I felt like she shouldn't have won that battle. A small nibble is R2-D2 coming alive in the very final part of the film to finally complete the map was kinda funny and convenient. Other than that, I really liked it a lot and I can't wait for Episode 8!

• Like 3

Well by that point Kylo had been gut shot, shoulder sliced, and was currently a mental/emotional wreck after murdering his pops, and was trying to disable Rey/convince her she should submit to him instead of trying to kill her.

So that, combined with Rey's apparent Omega Power Level and intuitive grasp, made it feel fine to me.

• Like 8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zBMW3y86cpo

Chris Stuckmann pretty much nailed my thoughts on why this was so amazing (review is spoiler free but still would put it here). Although I disagree with him that it was better then ROTJ (and on his thoughts about Jurassic World), I agree with everything else including the faults he had like Snoke, the 3rd death star, etc.

It didn't need to be a perfect movie (the originals are far from it and ESB/ANH are my favorite movies ever), it just needed to be fun. I can forgive all of its faults like all the ANH rehash stuff (that some keep going on and on about) just because of all of the positives and memorable moments. And all of the characters made it such an entertaining experience because I actually cared about what happened to them. I didn't care about anyone in the prequels because they all felt fake.

I like him was looking out for faults right when Lucasfilm came on screen and was so relieved when it was over. Was never that nervous before a movie started.

Edited by somebody85
  • Like 1

star wars marathon week 7: STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS ON OPENING WEEKEND IN IMAX 3D

aka my thoughts!!!!!! spoilers!!!!!!!!

ok

LSDJFKALDJF SLKDJF KLDSJ FLKJDFA KJFDAKLJDFSKALDSJF

I ? ? I???????

omg what do i even say. it was so good wtf??? REY AND FINN ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM. THEY’rRE SO GOOD.

i was worried it would be too fanservice-y but outside of that smugglers sequence (which i thought was the meh-est part of the movie) it was like totally its own thing thanks to how amazing rey and finn are as the new leads and their stories.

everything with like anakin’s legacy felt sooooo huge and mythic i loved it a lot. the backstory and hook with luke disappearing and the search for him, luke’s new jedi order and it going wrong aka kylo ren (ben?????!?!!? i screamed) being trained by luke and turning and following darth vader was soo good. i wish we knew more about what happened since the OT but piecing it together slowly is so much fun. like there was just so much weight behind all these characters’ lineages / possible lineages. LIKE REY. WHO ARE YOU!!!!! omg. realistically she’s probably luke or leia’s daughter and that would be so cool just because of how strong legacies and everything are here, but i think it would also be so cool if she’s obi-wan’s granddaughter!!! it would make a lot more sense too since she would remember her family if she lost them when she was 5, so she would recognize luke or leia or whatever if they were her parents (unless there’s some kind of secret conspiracy going on which could be really amazing if done well). but if it was obi-wan’s kids we wouldn’t know them so it would work! AND! I just found out that in the vision sequence ewan mcgregor did the voiceover saying “rey!”/“rey?” and “these are the first steps” HOLY!!! THAT’S SO COOL LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH TYING TOGETHER ALL THREE TRILOGIES IS SO IMPORTANT TO MAKING IT ALL FEEL HUGE!!! WHICH IS WHY I REALLY HOPE WE SEE EWAN AND HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN BACK AS OBI-WAN AND ANAKIN AS FORCE GHOSTS HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE OMG. OMG AND LIAM NEESON AS QUI-GON JINN AND YODA TOO SSDKF

SPEAKING OF THE VISION SEQUENCE AND REY!!!!!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

QUEEN!!!!!!KJSDLKSJDFKSJF

OMG SHE WAS SO GOOD. SKFJADFKJ SKDb sflkjaslfkjasdflks. POOR SELF SUSTAINING DESERT DWELLER LIVING ALONE WAITING FOR HER FAMILY EATING LITTLE FOOD PORTIONS HOLDING HER OWN FIGHTING OFF CREEPS LUGGING PARTS LOOKING WISTFULLY TO THE SKY AND THEN SHE BECOMES THE CENTRE OF THIS CRAZY INSANE STORY. DISCOVERING HER POWERS. THE WEIGHT OF EVERYTHING. THINKING SHE NEEDS TO GO BACK. ALMOST GIVING UP BUT PULLING THROUGH!! SCRAPPY AND ABRASIVE I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! i can’t even summarize but just everything with her was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! THE VISION! WHAT! IS! HAPPENING! WHO! IS! SHE! THE JEDI MIND TRICK SCENE SDKFJAFL I LOVED IT. AND JUST EVERYTHING AT THE END!

THE FOREST SCENE OK OMGO MGOM GOAJSFKJSDFSKLFSF. I KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO USE THE LIGHTSABER BEFOREHAND BUT I HAD NO IDEA IT WOuLD BE LIKE THAT I EXPECTED WHEN THEY SHOWED THE LIGHTSABER IN THE SNOW SHAKING WHILE KYLO REN WAS TRYING TO FORCE GRAB IT THAT HER HAND WOULD PHYSICALLY GRAB IT BUT THEN IT FLEW OFF AND WENT PAST HIM AND INTO HER HAND AND I SCREAEMDDFFSDKJSFKJSK!!!!KJLKJDFKLJFDSKLJFKSLJFLKSJFD. 

BUT YEAH I JUST LOVE HER SHE’S SO COOL AND IMPORTANT

AND DAISY RIDLEY IS SUCH A GOOD ACTRESS!!!!! KJSKFJS

OK NOW FINN

YASSS!!!!JDLKFJLKFJLKFJLKFJSD

HE WJAS SO GOO D JODFFDJKLFAJSDFO MDSFKL. I LOVED HOW WE WERE INTRODUCED TO HIM THE WHOLE OPENING SEQUENCE WAS AMAZING GROUNDED THROUGH THE PERSPECTIVE OF HIS INTRODUCTION (ALSO SIDEBAR THE PART WHERE KYLO REN FORCE-STOPPED THE LASER BLAST HOLY SHIT). but omg finn!!! runnaway stormtrooper is such a great concept and they pulled it off so well he was so endearing and conflicted and everything omg!! like rey EVERYTHING with him was SOOOO GOOD. HIDING HIS ORIGINS AND FEELING LOST AND YET BEING SO WELL-MEANING AND FUN! AND HIS PERSPECTIVE OF EVERYTHING LIKE CLUING US IN TO WHAT THE FIRST ORDER IS BUT HE SURVIVED THE CONDITIONING AND cOULDNT GO THROUGH WILL KILLING, THAT SHOT OF THEM SURROUNDING THE VILLAGERS SHOOTING THEM BU THE’S NOT SHOOTING SFKJSFKFFSAL. AND HE HAS DOUBTS AND WANTS TO RUN AWAY, OF COURSE HE WOULD FEAR THE FIRST ORDER, BUT WHEN THE LIGHTSABER IS ENTRUSTED TO HIM HE DOESN’T BACK DOWN AND BY THE END HE’S BACK AT THE HEART OF THE FIRST ORDER HE DIDN’t RUN AWAY INSTEAD HE’s BACK AND FIGHTING DIRECTLY AGAINST THEM KAJFKLSFJYAYAYAYAYSYSYSSSSJAKFJAKDJAJKFAKFS.

THE ENDING THOUGHSJFDSKFJ like ok i love how he held his own against kylo it was obviously the true test of like not running away, staying with rey meaning he has to fight this crazy villain and when it comes to what’s important he succeeded but it was kind of upsetting that they did a bait-and-switch with all the marketing of him being the jedi with the lightsaber? like i really hope he still becomes a jedi and is force-sensitive and stuff because it would be Bad if they built all that up and then took it away from him. i still think he’s ~special~ because they made it seem like a big deal that he broke through the first order brainswashing and i LOVE IT JSDFKJFD. LIKE LITERALLY A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH MOMENT THAT SOMEONE #IMPORTANT IS AMONG ALL THE KIDS KIDNAPPED TO SERVE THE FIRST ORDER AHHSDJKF. the end thoughhhhhhh i need to know what happens next!! but i’m so glad he’s gonna recover and as one of the two central roles overall was amazing AND JOHN BOYEGA IS SUCH A GOOD ACTORRRRRRRJAFDKL

ok i’m not gonna go through every character this is long enough as it is but let me just say FINN AND REY’S RELATIONSHIP WAS AMAZING THEY WERE SO SOSOSOSOOOOOO CUTE. AMAZING!JFKLAJS. AND FINN AND POE WERE ACTUALLY SO CUTE TOO LOL LIKE THAT WAS ONE I WASN’T EXPECTING TO BE A MAIN INTERACTION BUT IT WAS GREAT. AND BB8 WAS SO CUTE, AND EVERYTHING WITH KYLO (BEN!!!?!?#?sdD@#KJDF) HIS FAM/PAST AND SNOKE AND HUX AND PHASMA AND THE FIRST ORDER WAS DONE SO WELL LIKE IT FELT REAL AND MYSTERIOUS AND DARK AND I WANT TO KNW MORE. AND THE SCENE WITH HAN AND KYLO HOOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO GOOD. MY HEART WAS BEATING SO HARD LIKE IT WAS SOOOO INTENSE AND THAT MUSIC AND THE LIGHTING JUST HHHSHDFHRH. and i have to say that the whole ending with starkiller base being basically a new bigger death star like. it actually worked pretty well it felt very real compared to the previous ones and so everything there like the climax actually felt intense and urgent and scary. and also while i’m on the topic holy shit did they destroy coruscant? i loved that scene because whether it’s coruscant or a new capital it worked soooo well for showing the new republic just by being a callback to all the city scenes in the prequels. mentioning the senate too. speaking of which i honestly felt like when you get past the corporeal tie-ins to the originals like the actors being back and small references and stuff overall it felt pretty much equally like it drew inspiration from the PT and the OT? like the jakku scenes felt more like TPM tattooine than ANH tattooine especially with rey being in a very similar situation to young anakin, which was an awesome parallel. and the family drama felt more like the operatic PT style than the sort of quick OT style. and obviously stuff like kylo ren talking to the darth vader helmet and calling him “grandfather” is just so chill-inducingly epic and makes you feel the full weight of the mythos. LIKE leia saying she still believes there’s light in kylo like how padme said she still believed there was good in anakin sdlksf. although it was silly they never said “anakin skywalker” lol like they always called him darth vader.. mess. i just want them to name drop anakin, padme, and others from the old era. omg also snoke. what’s the deal with him? being darth plagueis would be cool but i hope whatever/whoever he is and what he wants is interesting because the buildup is awesome so far.

what else… i’m probably forgetting a bunch of stuff just because it’s still a lot to process but yeah. omg wait i just have to say the lucasfilm logo and then “a long time ago in a galaxy far far away…” and then the star wars logo then EPISODE VII THE FORCE AWAKENS AND THE CRAWL AND THE FIRST PAN like each of those moments was sooo beautiful to see on the big screen for the first time since 2005. and i’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for episode VIII like ok first of all i could see it being kind of like VII han, VIII luke, IX leia, but either way i think most of the nostalgia stuff was gotten out of the way in this one so VIII and IX should hopefully be like full force the new amazing characters and storylines introduced here while still backed by and rooted in the legacy and mythos of the whole series. i can’t wait.

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, water said:

star wars marathon week 7: STAR WARS EPISODE VII: THE FORCE AWAKENS ON OPENING WEEKEND IN IMAX 3D

ok

I ? ? I???????

omg what do i even say. it was so good wtf??? REY AND FINN ARE SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GREAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I LOVE THEM. THEY’rRE SO GOOD.

i was worried it would be too fanservice-y but outside of that smugglers sequence (which i thought was the meh-est part of the movie) it was like totally its own thing thanks to how amazing rey and finn are as the new leads and their stories.

everything with like anakin’s legacy felt sooooo huge and mythic i loved it a lot. the backstory and hook with luke disappearing and the search for him, luke’s new jedi order and it going wrong aka kylo ren (ben?????!?!!? i screamed) being trained by luke and turning and following darth vader was soo good. i wish we knew more about what happened since the OT but piecing it together slowly is so much fun. like there was just so much weight behind all these characters’ lineages / possible lineages. LIKE REY. WHO ARE YOU!!!!! omg. realistically she’s probably luke or leia’s daughter and that would be so cool just because of how strong legacies and everything are here, but i think it would also be so cool if she’s obi-wan’s granddaughter!!! it would make a lot more sense too since she would remember her family if she lost them when she was 5, so she would recognize luke or leia or whatever if they were her parents (unless there’s some kind of secret conspiracy going on which could be really amazing if done well). but if it was obi-wan’s kids we wouldn’t know them so it would work! AND! I just found out that in the vision sequence ewan mcgregor did the voiceover saying “rey!”/“rey?” and “these are the first steps” HOLY!!! THAT’S SO COOL LIKE AHHHHHHHHHHHHH TYING TOGETHER ALL THREE TRILOGIES IS SO IMPORTANT TO MAKING IT ALL FEEL HUGE!!! WHICH IS WHY I REALLY HOPE WE SEE EWAN AND HAYDEN CHRISTENSEN BACK AS OBI-WAN AND ANAKIN AS FORCE GHOSTS HOW COOL WOULD THAT BE OMG. OMG AND LIAM NEESON AS QUI-GON JINN AND YODA TOO SSDKF

SPEAKING OF THE VISION SEQUENCE AND REY!!!!!!!!HOLY SHIT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OMG SHE WAS SO GOOD. SKFJADFKJ SKDb sflkjaslfkjasdflks. POOR SELF SUSTAINING DESERT DWELLER LIVING ALONE WAITING FOR HER FAMILY EATING LITTLE FOOD PORTIONS HOLDING HER OWN FIGHTING OFF CREEPS LUGGING PARTS LOOKING WISTFULLY TO THE SKY AND THEN SHE BECOMES THE CENTRE OF THIS CRAZY INSANE STORY. DISCOVERING HER POWERS. THE WEIGHT OF EVERYTHING. THINKING SHE NEEDS TO GO BACK. ALMOST GIVING UP BUT PULLING THROUGH!! SCRAPPY AND ABRASIVE I LIVE!!!!!!!!!!!! i can’t even summarize but just everything with her was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO GOOD! THE VISION! WHAT! IS! HAPPENING! WHO! IS! SHE! THE JEDI MIND TRICK SCENE SDKFJAFL I LOVED IT. AND JUST EVERYTHING AT THE END!

THE FOREST SCENE OK OMGO MGOM GOAJSFKJSDFSKLFSF. I KNEW SHE WAS GOING TO USE THE LIGHTSABER BEFOREHAND BUT I HAD NO IDEA IT WOuLD BE LIKE THAT I EXPECTED WHEN THEY SHOWED THE LIGHTSABER IN THE SNOW SHAKING WHILE KYLO REN WAS TRYING TO FORCE GRAB IT THAT HER HAND WOULD PHYSICALLY GRAB IT BUT THEN IT FLEW OFF AND WENT PAST HIM AND INTO HER HAND AND I SCREAEMDDFFSDKJSFKJSK!!!!KJLKJDFKLJFDSKLJFKSLJFLKSJFD. 

OK NOW FINN

HE WJAS SO GOO D JODFFDJKLFAJSDFO MDSFKL. I LOVED HOW WE WERE INTRODUCED TO HIM THE WHOLE OPENING SEQUENCE WAS AMAZING GROUNDED THROUGH THE PERSPECTIVE OF HIS INTRODUCTION (ALSO SIDEBAR THE PART WHERE KYLO REN FORCE-STOPPED THE LASER BLAST HOLY SHIT). but omg finn!!! runnaway stormtrooper is such a great concept and they pulled it off so well he was so endearing and conflicted and everything omg!! like rey EVERYTHING with him was SOOOO GOOD. HIDING HIS ORIGINS AND FEELING LOST AND YET BEING SO WELL-MEANING AND FUN! AND HIS PERSPECTIVE OF EVERYTHING LIKE CLUING US IN TO WHAT THE FIRST ORDER IS BUT HE SURVIVED THE CONDITIONING AND cOULDNT GO THROUGH WILL KILLING, THAT SHOT OF THEM SURROUNDING THE VILLAGERS SHOOTING THEM BU THE’S NOT SHOOTING SFKJSFKFFSAL. AND HE HAS DOUBTS AND WANTS TO RUN AWAY, OF COURSE HE WOULD FEAR THE FIRST ORDER, BUT WHEN THE LIGHTSABER IS ENTRUSTED TO HIM HE DOESN’T BACK DOWN AND BY THE END HE’S BACK AT THE HEART OF THE FIRST ORDER HE DIDN’t RUN AWAY INSTEAD HE’s BACK AND FIGHTING DIRECTLY AGAINST THEM KAJFKLSFJYAYAYAYAYSYSYSSSSJAKFJAKDJAJKFAKFS.

THE ENDING THOUGHSJFDSKFJ like ok i love how he held his own against kylo it was obviously the true test of like not running away, staying with rey meaning he has to fight this crazy villain and when it comes to what’s important he succeeded but it was kind of upsetting that they did a bait-and-switch with all the marketing of him being the jedi with the lightsaber? like i really hope he still becomes a jedi and is force-sensitive and stuff because it would be Bad if they built all that up and then took it away from him. i still think he’s ~special~ because they made it seem like a big deal that he broke through the first order brainswashing and i LOVE IT JSDFKJFD. LIKE LITERALLY A DIAMOND IN THE ROUGH MOMENT THAT SOMEONE #IMPORTANT IS AMONG ALL THE KIDS KIDNAPPED TO SERVE THE FIRST ORDER AHHSDJKF. the end thoughhhhhhh i need to know what happens next!! but i’m so glad he’s gonna recover and as one of the two central roles overall was amazing AND JOHN BOYEGA IS SUCH A GOOD ACTORRRRRRRJAFDKL

ok i’m not gonna go through every character this is long enough as it is but let me just say FINN AND REY’S RELATIONSHIP WAS AMAZING THEY WERE SO SOSOSOSOOOOOO CUTE. AMAZING!JFKLAJS. AND FINN AND POE WERE ACTUALLY SO CUTE TOO LOL LIKE THAT WAS ONE I WASN’T EXPECTING TO BE A MAIN INTERACTION BUT IT WAS GREAT. AND BB8 WAS SO CUTE, AND EVERYTHING WITH KYLO (BEN!!!?!?#?sdD@#KJDF) HIS FAM/PAST AND SNOKE AND HUX AND PHASMA AND THE FIRST ORDER WAS DONE SO WELL LIKE IT FELT REAL AND MYSTERIOUS AND DARK AND I WANT TO KNW MORE. AND THE SCENE WITH HAN AND KYLO HOOLY SHIT THAT WAS SO GOOD. MY HEART WAS BEATING SO HARD LIKE IT WAS SOOOO INTENSE AND THAT MUSIC AND THE LIGHTING JUST HHHSHDFHRH. and i have to say that the whole ending with starkiller base being basically a new bigger death star like. it actually worked pretty well it felt very real compared to the previous ones and so everything there like the climax actually felt intense and urgent and scary. and also while i’m on the topic holy shit did they destroy coruscant? i loved that scene because whether it’s coruscant or a new capital it worked soooo well for showing the new republic just by being a callback to all the city scenes in the prequels. mentioning the senate too. speaking of which i honestly felt like when you get past the corporeal tie-ins to the originals like the actors being back and small references and stuff overall it felt pretty much equally like it drew inspiration from the PT and the OT? like the jakku scenes felt more like TPM tattooine than ANH tattooine especially with rey being in a very similar situation to young anakin, which was an awesome parallel. and the family drama felt more like the operatic PT style than the sort of quick OT style. and obviously stuff like kylo ren talking to the darth vader helmet and calling him “grandfather” is just so chill-inducingly epic and makes you feel the full weight of the mythos. LIKE leia saying she still believes there’s light in kylo like how padme said she still believed there was good in anakin sdlksf. although it was silly they never said “anakin skywalker” lol like they always called him darth vader.. mess. i just want them to name drop anakin, padme, and others from the old era. omg also snoke. what’s the deal with him? being darth plagueis would be cool but i hope whatever/whoever he is and what he wants is interesting because the buildup is awesome so far.

what else… i’m probably forgetting a bunch of stuff just because it’s still a lot to process but yeah. omg wait i just have to say the lucasfilm logo and then “a long time ago in a galaxy far far away…” and then the star wars logo then EPISODE VII THE FORCE AWAKENS AND THE CRAWL AND THE FIRST PAN like each of those moments was sooo beautiful to see on the big screen for the first time since 2005. and i’m SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO excited for episode VIII like ok first of all i could see it being kind of like VII han, VIII luke, IX leia, but either way i think most of the nostalgia stuff was gotten out of the way in this one so VIII and IX should hopefully be like full force the new amazing characters and storylines introduced here while still backed by and rooted in the legacy and mythos of the whole series. i can’t wait.

9da65fdd1ded3c9f55eada3138be8479.gif

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, water said:

ok

I ? ? I???????

OK NOW FINN

...but did you like it?

• Like 2