WrathOfHan

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D | August 25, 2017 at AMC Theaters, everywhere else one week later

2 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Saw it last night.... The projection was fucking awful and it was uber darkkkkkkkk

With that said. This movie is fucking incredible. Best 3rd act? Legit 37 minutes of NON stop action, 3 major set pieces back to back to back. A movie. An All-timer

Almost All Cameron s third acts  are like that, the third act is basically a mini movie inside the main movie with a beginning, a middle and an end, it s set piece upon set piece yes.

22 hours ago, Elessar said:

Wasn't this supposed to be just a one day event in the UK?

Idk. It was only one day event i Germany (29th August) - 21k admission. But I've heard that some theaters might screening T2 this weekend also.

15 hours ago, Jay Hollywood said:

Its not even my favorite 3rd act. but I think its in the discussion for best 3rd act to an action blockbuster 

It's certainly worth discussing.

Going by 90s action films alone the 1-2-3 chain of the island escape+bridge chase+Harrier vengeance in True Lies is another contender.

Another Cameron joint too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, Juby said:

Easly. I don't get it. Older, more forgotten classic, and it's gonna be much bigger succes than T2. :/

1) More theater

2) Fans of T2 has the bluray at home more I would guess, vaster proportions of  the Close Encounter fans have not seen it in decades.

3) Typical T2 fans is probably not really happy with the adding of 3D to their classic.

4) The franchise was cheapened so much with all those tv/movie products.

Not sure about the more forgotten part box office of re-release is probably a better metric than anything Internet related that can give an impression, would be a terribly misleading metric to use specially considering the age group of that classic fanbase.

The 1968 jungle book was less forgotten that many people would have thought 5 year's ago I would bet.

1 hour ago, SchumacherFTW said:

I still don't get how it fluffed so badly in the US. It was a single screening here at most cinemas on Tuesday, a day out did the entire OW in the US. That's nuts. 

Not a wide enough release, I could watch T2 3D in my small town in the UK.

Was so looking forward to this, hoping to being able to see this in IMAX. What a bust this re-release has been. Pointless. Do it right or don't do it. Oh, well, at least i'll get my 4K bluray transfer...

Edited by Elessar

5 minutes ago, Elessar said:

Pointless

I imagine the idea was to do it was almost exclusively for the China market (where 3D is relevant) ? Titanic 3D made 145m there in 2012.....

I think we need to wait for this to open in China market (in 2018 ?) to really judge it.

5 minutes ago, Barnack said:

I imagine the idea was to do it was almost exclusively for the China market (where 3D is relevant) ? Titanic 3D made 145m there in 2012.....

I think we need to wait for this to open in China market (in 2018 ?) to really judge it.

Sure, it's just disappointing for us here.