WrathOfHan

Terminator 2: Judgment Day 3D | August 25, 2017 at AMC Theaters, everywhere else one week later

2 hours ago, Super Robertman2 Odyssey said:

Fucking hell

No that s not right the movie will indeed be release il amc theater "only" the first week in theaters for exclusive and after it will be available everywhere.

• Like 1

One of my friends who is a massive movie fan like me never saw T2. I said to him that one simply cant claim to be a massive movie fan if one never saw the greatness that is Terminator 2. We saw it together last week. He loved it. 

Its incredibly impressive how this movie clearly belongs in the early 90s and still holds up very well. The T-1000 is one of the Top 5 best villains from that decade imo. And Cameron just KNEW how to film action.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Just saw this for the 45th time, seriously it's still so damn good. But to this day I regret watching it as a 7 year old, because shit like this has haunted my nightmares ever since:

Hide contents

tumblr_mnr3lq0y0S1qg4blro1_500.gif

If you're talking about nightmares, 

Spoiler

tumblr_nqxcppK3oc1rp0vkjo1_500.gif

• Like 1

On 1.07.2017 at 5:53 PM, Mikasa Ackerman said:

Just saw this for the 45th time, seriously it's still so damn good. But to this day I regret watching it as a 7 year old, because shit like this has haunted my nightmares ever since:

Reveal hidden contents

I know this movie since I was 4-5, maybe even younger - I don't know - I rememer it from my youngest years (I was born in 1992, Polish release was same month) and I didn't have any problems with dreams.

45th time? Not bad. I've never count my views of T2, but I would't be suprised if it's over 100. T1 I saw for the first time when I was 6 or 7 (the beginning of primary school) and it was terrifying... but I watched it again the very same day. :)

1 hour ago, Juby said:

Six clips

https://skynetsarmy.wordpress.com/2017/07/06/new-terminator-2-judgment-day-3d-clips-appear-not-to-be-official/

Cameron did something wrong in the six one. 1:00 - when T-1000 head explodes they copy/paste few frames to hide the effect of splited head before shoot. :/

LOL you really believe Cameron did that fucking amateur mistake? That's obviously the fault of the people who edited that youtube clip.

But it's safe to say that these clips are from the remastered footage. Image quality looks on par with the official trailer. But these also confirm a possible big letdown which is they did heavy digital noise reduction (DNR) and it caused huge detail-losing. You can't see any goddame noise from the official trailer and these clips. This is not because youtube compressed the vids. There's a .mov version from apple.com and you can't see any noise either. I hope the DNR version is only for 3D because otherwise we're gonna have the bluray of these characters looking like waxed figures like that shiity Predator "remastered" bluray.

I really dont know why Cameron chose to heavliy use DNR. He supervised the remaster of Aliens and Titanic, and both have great image quality with rich noise. Why does he choose to fuck it up this time?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

But it's safe to say that these clips are from the remastered footage

I mean i haven't watched any clips, i'm only going by the article but how is it safe to say when in the trailer one can see that they removed the stunt man's face, which is not the case in these clips.

9 hours ago, Elessar said:

I mean i haven't watched any clips, i'm only going by the article but how is it safe to say when in the trailer one can see that they removed the stunt man's face, which is not the case in these clips.

Because the image quality is in line with the trailer which is far superior to any existing bluray. They also have the same color grading. It's not just "safe to say". It's 100% true.

As for stuntman face issue, I think either the uploader got the footage from non-revised souce, or there could be a little difference like that for releasing in different regions. I'm using a Hongkong VPN server and youtube shows "this video is blocked in your region." It's the same when I switch to a Japan server. I have to swith to a USA server to be able to watch it. I don't have this problem for all the other 5 clips.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, John Rambo said:

This movie has aged very well! But will this do well compared to other classic re-runs? 

Btw will this release in other countries as well? 

Yes, it's for sure re-released in 5 (bigger) European countries (UK, Germany, Austria, France, Netherlands). So probably also in Swizzerland and Belgium. And I hope it will start in other European countries too.
Australia and New Zealand will also show it.

I read one review (Moviejones.de) about the „new“ Terminator 2 and they said that it looks great from the processing which lets the film shine in new splendor, no matter if you see it in 3D or not.

Edited by el sid
  • Like 1