CaptainJackSparrow

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story | 1B WW

This weekend gives a warped view with subdued weekend in so many markets. R1 probably will increase next weekend and then we can extrapolate where it will finish in current markets. Next week is also great in Japan where its holiday week while Australia will benefit from summer weekdays. It could still end up beating FB.

• Like 3

6 hours ago, keysersoze123 said:

This weekend gives a warped view with subdued weekend in so many markets. R1 probably will increase next weekend and then we can extrapolate where it will finish in current markets. Next week is also great in Japan where its holiday week while Australia will benefit from summer weekdays. It could still end up beating FB.

Next weekend again there will be markets with closed down cinemas, but a bit less than at Christmas. But as Monday is not a public holiday Sundays might react differently than the Christmas Sunday.

E.g. here in Germany we have in the majority of the states school holidays in the week following New Year, but it ends at varying days.

For beginning 2 January in my region they say to expect heavy snowfalls for days. I live country-side, I wont go out of the house later in the day, as the snow-ploughs wont be everywhere later in the day here = getting dark = getting very slippery or sitting snow.

The good thing is: we might get a white winter... (Christmas was green this year, we had only for 1/2 a day snow this winter for now) the bad is, I really can do without the slippery parts (just started to get mobile after ankle broke some weeks back)

Japan is a Resident Evil franchise country, ... China might be less than some hoped for, see bad translated title and triple XXX with same actor getting similar release day (and I think it was Passengers also, and...) 

SK has a huge local film keeping the people busy (news,...)

All is possible, but I'd still stay on the conservative side :)

Overseas, the $18.2M Monday reps a 15.2% hike from last Monday’s first post-launch hold. The Rebel Alliance’s international box office is now $255.6M with 13 days counted. Domestically, Monday saw $31.8M worth of play, lifting the North American box office to $318.2M.

December 26 is a holiday in many markets — though without the home-and-hearth tug of Christmas Eve and Day which fell on Saturday and Sunday this year and resulted in cinema closures in many offshore hubs. The impact of Christmas falling on the weekend is clear when looking at the overseas and global takes for Rogue One on Monday. The $18.2M Monday abroad reps 38% of the $47.1M weekend. Globally, with domestic’s $31.8M factored in, the $50M Monday is 44% of this past frame.

Overseas, the $18.2M Monday reps a 15.2% hike from last Monday’s first post-launch hold. The Rebel Alliance’s international box office is now $255.6M with 13 days counted. Domestically, Monday saw $31.8M worth of play, lifting the North American box office to $318.2M.....

December 26 is a holiday in many markets — though without the home-and-hearth tug of Christmas Eve and Day which fell on Saturday and Sunday this year and resulted in cinema closures in many offshore hubs. The impact of Christmas falling on the weekend is clear when looking at the overseas and global takes for Rogue One on Monday. The $18.2M Monday abroad reps 38% of the $47.1M weekend. Globally, with domestic’s $31.8M factored in, the $50M Monday is 44% of this past frame.....

The UK continues to lead Rogue One play with $44.5M, followed by Germany ($23.7M), France ($21.4M), Australia ($19.8M) and Japan ($17.4M).

http://deadline.com/2016/12/rogue-one-star-wars-story-post-christmas-monday-box-office-domestic-global-international-1201875937/

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, FantasticBeasts said:

It would be funny if it ends up with more Dom than OS..What was the last blockbuster to do so?

Out of all the billion earners, TDK is the only one. Finding Dory was close enough though.

As for this year in particular, Deadpool has the highest DOM share (47%) among 300m+ earners, but it didn't have China release. If you go lower, to just 100m+ earners, then Ghostbusters is the most DOM centric (it didn't have a China release either but it wouldn't have mattered much).

Edited by Agafin
  • Like 1

All overseas updates so far:

OS Cume Overseas

12/15/2016 33  
12/16/2016    
12/17/2016    
12/18/2016 134.97  
Weekend 1    
Opening   134.97

12/19/2016 150.8 15.8
12/20/2016 166.8 16
12/21/2016 182.9 16.1
12/22/2016 197.9 15
12/23/2016    
12/24/2016    
12/25/2016 237.4  
Weekend 2   39.5
Week 2   102.4

12/26/2016 255.7 18.3
12/27/2016 275.3 19.6

Another 18-19m each Wed and Thurs if it's like last week

Weekend should be bigger, 50-60m

Roughly 370m through Sunday Jan 1st I'd guess. 

• Like 3

49 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

The very strong US Dollar doesn't help, it undermines the OS gross, in almost each OS territory, even China.

Curious to see not only the exchange rate, when it finally gets released in China, but as so many films get released around the release date, and that mishap they did in China with e.g. translation, and... I am curious to see what it will reach there.