kayumanggi

ZOOTOPIA | 682.5 M overseas ● 1023.8 M worldwide

On 6/3/2016 at 9:05 PM, movieboner said:

Personally, I would love this film to outgross Frozen. I'll never understand how a generic Disney princess movie that 's been done a million times over the past 20 years do so immensely well at the box office. I would prefer finely made animated films such as Zootopia or Inside Out make that kind of money.

Maybe cause isn't a "generic Princess movie", it is the "new Princess movie" and nothing of similar have been done over the past 80 years of Disney.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

Maybe cause isn't a "generic Princess movie", it is the "new Princess movie" and nothing of similar have been done over the past 80 years of Disney.

It follows the same generic formula: forbidden love story and a lousy sing along. The film's plot at times resembles Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. The only difference is Frozen cashed in on its popular song "Let It Go" and had better marketing like a McDonald's commercial. It's the "new business strategy" for Disney to maximize profits from a movie.

2 hours ago, movieboner said:

It follows the same generic formula: forbidden love story and a lousy sing along. The film's plot at times resembles Beauty and the Beast, Sleeping Beauty and Snow White. The only difference is Frozen cashed in on its popular song "Let It Go" and had better marketing like a McDonald's commercial. It's the "new business strategy" for Disney to maximize profits from a movie.

"forbidden love story"?

Spoiler

you mean a incest/lesbian relationship between Anna and Elsa?

Seriously, you really have seen this movie? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, edroger3 said:

"forbidden love story"?

Hide contents

you mean a incest/lesbian relationship between Anna and Elsa?

Seriously, you really have seen this movie? 

No, I'm talking about the relationship between Kristoff and Anna. She's nobility and he's a peasant, so they wouldn't be allowed together.

15 hours ago, movieboner said:

I think Disney picked a good release date for Zootopia, where there is less competition. Bad release dates for SW7 and KFP 3, notable big hits were released shortly afterwards and attracted moviegoers from SW7 AND KFP 3.

bad release date for KFP3.Poor po.

But SW7 had a good release imo,less competition in 20days but it still disappointed

1 hour ago, movieboner said:

No, I'm talking about the relationship between Kristoff and Anna. She's nobility and he's a peasant, so they wouldn't be allowed together.

As Edroger said, this confirm that you don't have seen the movie. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, movieboner said:

A matter which is never mentioned or even hinted at in the movie. If that's what you saw, you need to watch again, and pay attention to what's actually on the screen rather than what's in your head.

58 minutes ago, Murgatroyd said:

A matter which is never mentioned or even hinted at in the movie. If that's what you saw, you need to watch again, and pay attention to what's actually on the screen rather than what's in your head.

I saw the film 2 1/2 years ago in December, so my memory of the film is a bit fuzzy. All I can remember is a princess falls in love, the many sing alongs, comic relief supporting characters like the reindeer and snowman, and a generic good defeats evil story= a generic Disney princess movie. I have no intention of seeing Frozen again when I can enjoy "better" animated flicks with popcorn like Inside Out, Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Wreck-it Ralph and Despicable me 1 & 2.

Edited by movieboner

8 hours ago, movieboner said:

I saw the film 2 1/2 years ago in December, so my memory of the film is a bit fuzzy. All I can remember is a princess falls in love, the many sing alongs, comic relief supporting characters like the reindeer and snowman, and a generic good defeats evil story= a generic Disney princess movie. I have no intention of seeing Frozen again when I can enjoy "better" animated flicks with popcorn like Inside Out, Zootopia, Big Hero 6, Wreck-it Ralph and Despicable me 1 & 2.

If you ask about Frozen to every little ones aged at least four, he/she can explain you that "the act of true love that will save you is not what you'll get, but what you will do to the people you care" instead of "Oh, I'm waiting for the prince charming". I loved Inside Out and Desplicable Me (the first movie) but I think that the last twenty minutes of Frozen have been the greatest thing I saw in the cinema in past ten years.

57 minutes ago, edroger3 said:

If you ask about Frozen to every little ones aged at least four, he/she can explain you that "the act of true love that will save you is not what you'll get, but what you will do to the people you care" instead of "Oh, I'm waiting for the prince charming". I loved Inside Out and Desplicable Me (the first movie) but I think that the last twenty minutes of Frozen have been the greatest thing I saw in the cinema in past ten years.

Have you seen Zootopia?

4 hours ago, Omni said:

Frozen, while a tad flawed, is pure Disney magic. Deserved every dollar (and yen!) it made.

Indeed. There's something really magical when Disney does their films that I don't think any Pixar films or any animated studios came close with.

Drops are getting worse in Italy (>40% is likely this weekend), where it seems that a movie just can't have strong holds after its 2nd weekend. A movie released 15 days before already feels old here. Sigh...

7 hours ago, Omni said:

Drops are getting worse in Italy (>40% is likely this weekend), where it seems that a movie just can't have strong holds after its 2nd weekend. A movie released 15 days before already feels old here. Sigh...

Relax, it is doing well in other territories. 

Edited by BenedictL11