druv10

Star Wars TFA 2nd Wknd Actual: 149.2M !!!

12 minutes ago, terrestrial said:

forgot to add:

the telefon... happens not via power lines, we have a forest/wood directly beside us, if the lightning strikes in a under ~ 50m distance and wet air... it's enough for those.

I forgot if I know or not: in which country do you live?

Well, when I was talking about "us" and "over here", I thought it would implement, I'm from Germany, too.

Wow, I was not aware, that lightning might have that much of an effect other than the power lines. Is this a mountain thing?

• Like 1

My 12:15 show today was 80% full, the 12:45 show with 75% full. IMAX is sold out all day including the 11:30 p.m. show. It's going to be a massive day for Star Wars today in Canada.

Just now, MonstersandRoy said:

Well theres an explanation then. Are the big drops across the board? Can't find latest daily's.

yeah i was just asking in case you didn't hear about the big weather stuff.  It's pretty bad in the midwest still.  So today's number could be a little deflated as well.

• Like 2

Will be interesting to see Monday's number. Thur/Fri/Sat the actuals were all within 1% of the estimate, on Sunday it was off by almost 10%. Those 3 days the estimate was off from the actual by an avg of less than $23,000 per day. 

Monday drops numbers based on movies in 2009.

A 20% drop on Monday would be $34.5M. (Avatar drop)

a 25% drop would be $32.4.

a 30% drop would be $30.2 (Sherlock Holmes drop)

a 34% drop would be $28.5 (It's Complicated drop)

1 hour ago, Poseidon said:

Well, when I was talking about "us" and "over here", I thought it would implement, I'm from Germany, too.

Wow, I was not aware, that lightning might have that much of an effect other than the power lines. Is this a mountain thing?

I wasn't sure if you meant Europe or Germany or....

no, a distance thing. 200m can be dangerous for 'fragile' technology,... as smaller the distance. De-pugging helps, but if too near or too much dust or... We never deplug the internet box or the telefon as it is a bit annoyingly postitioned and mostly survives.

Also how much dust is on a ... Platine/printed circuit board, Luftfeuchtigkeit/air humidity... = schwacher Leiter/weak ... conductor???, Blitz nah genug / near enough= 'kaaa-puttt' wie einer meiner Schüler immer sehr überzogen es auspricht ;) (one of my pupils says it in a funny way)

So, dom down, OS up = not much of a difference

-snip- + change for later post

Edited by terrestrial
  • Like 2

JOY opened with $17.02M this weekend.

• Like 1

I'm not saying, that weather had no effect, but guys, SW still had a "worse" drop than all the other movies.

Luckily for the Box Office, there storms hit in areas with lower population and in areas with lower admissions per capita.

And also in areas, being used to some inches of snow in winter.

Still, expect a 30m+ monday, a flat Tuesday, followed by 27m on wednesday and 21m on friday, with a gigantic 98-100m weekend to follow.

And don't act surprised, it won't hit Avatars drops. It's Star Wars, with a completely unique and different run, that is amazing in its own way, but the way won't be writen by Avatar as a role model.

• Like 5

Hmm, but at least some of the other movies were only shown in bigger to big cities

= people can still reach the cinemas and it's less likely powerless as long as more remote ... hamlets

plus repeat viewers might not feel the need that urgent, if the weather is that bad, but more inclined for movies they have waited for. Only an additional thought, I think a lot of details play into that.

FOX:
Joy                                 $17,015,168    --         2,896    --       $5,875    $17,015,168    
Alvin ... Road Chip            $13,143,329    -8%    3,705    52      $3,547    $39,848,982    
The Revenant (2015)             $474,560    --               4    --    $118,640         $474,560

Survey: 42% of ticket buyers going back for more

• Like 2

TOP WEEKENDS: 2ND weekend

Rank Title (click to view) Studio Weeknd
Gross*
% of Total Theaters / Avg. Total Gross^ Date**
1  Star Wars 7 BV $149,202,860 27.6% 4,134 $36,092 $540,058,914 12/18/15
2  Jurassic World Uni. $106,588,440 16.3% 4,291 $24,840 $652,270,625 6/12/15
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, mikeymichael said:

We need at least 32-33 to pick up the mood around here.

Maybe some have to pick up at work after the holidays?

Plus it's no real new news, only confirmation / adjusting to known datas, Monday early.... estimates might cause more reactions again?