WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

ROTS, DH2, and TFA's late night/midnight and TA's OD evening are the most lively screenings I've ever been to by far. Those 4 are in their own category. TA's is particularly memorable since it wasn't a late night/midnight. Never seen any crowd reaction like that outside of that setting. 

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Mockingjay Raphael said:

Haha, I'm surprised, I thought it was common in the whole country.... The loudest crowds that I got was DH2's OD and MJ2's second day, it was crazy, ppl screamed and clapped during the whole movie, lol 

i'm so skeptical about this i actually started a poll on twitter

i guess it's only a Manaus thing lol

• Community Manager
Just now, DAR said:

If you live in a cold winter climate in the US, cold @Telemachos@grim22@Water Bottle not 55 degrees, and you arrive in a place like Cancun hell ya there's going to be clapping

I lived in Boston. I still don't find 55 degrees to be cold. Unless there's a wind factor causing it to be chill, I likely won't wear a hoodie.

200_s.gif

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I lived in Boston. I still don't find 55 degrees to be cold. Unless there's a wind factor causing it to be chill, I likely won't wear a hoodie.

200_s.gif

Sorry I assumed LA made you soft to the weather

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

They should've done this on the real posters and started a big online "pick your side" viral campaign. Missed opportunity Fox. 

Well, that would've killed the WOM. The bear's only in it for like five minutes.

3 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

ROTS, DH2, and TFA's late night/midnight and TA's OD evening are the most lively screenings I've ever been to by far. Those 4 are in their own category. TA's is particularly memorable since it wasn't a late night/midnight. Never seen any crowd reaction like that outside of that setting. 

I think ROTS was the craziest for me. I still remember clear as day the crowd reactions to R2 fighting the buzz droids, or R2 burning the super battle droids, or Obi-Wan killing Grievous.

• Like 1

• Community Manager
14 minutes ago, tribefan695 said:

Well, that would've killed the WOM. The bear's only in it for like five minutes.

It would have been a Bryan Cranston in Godzilla situation.

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

It would have been a Bryan Cranston in Godzilla situation.

That was such an amazing thing. It's almost like I could feel the disappointment in the atmosphere of the theater from that. Various "wtf" reactions all around.

• Like 3

More bullish observers have even crossing $40M for wknd & beating 'Star Wars' on Fri. A horse race!

out of the DL weekend article

2ND UPDATE, Friday 1:08PM: Alejandro Inarritu’s western The Revenant is exploding with current predictions currently at a $33M-$35M three-day wide opening. Some non-Fox distrib chiefs even project that The Revenant could go much higher. Either way, this would be a decent start for the New Regency film which carries a $135M budget. Revenant, which 20th Century Fox is handling for a fee, is still expected to slot second behind the all-powerful Star Wars: The Force Awakens which is looking to do $45M-$50M in No. 1. At that pace, Force Awakens will cross the eight-century mark on Saturday. Episode VII is being held at 4,134 venues in its fourth frame.

• Like 3