WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

11=68% drop from last fri

12=65% drop from last fri

Guys if $1b is off the table now what are we gunning for, s the run over for us now?

Gunning for 960m, that would be a nice even 200m over Abadar. emot-smug.gif

• Like 2

I have said many times this week that TFA does not get the weekend boost we all project (using other movies NONE of which are good comparisons to TFA). 

Yet people insisted on using ROTK or Avatar Thu-Fri bumps in their projects. 

40mil for 4th weekend is amazing. Just leave it at that. Yes it will not beat Avatar this weekend, but its going to be 50 million of ahead of its lifetime gross so who gives a F. 

Edited by tokila
  • Like 6

1 minute ago, IronJimbo said:

11=68% drop from last fri

12=65% drop from last fri

Guys if $1b is off the table now what are we gunning for, s the run over for us now?

Last Friday was NYD, and it was inflated. The Saturday to Saturday drop is going to be around 33%, and the Sunday to Sunday may be even better.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Gunning for 960m, that would be a nice even 200m over Abadar. emot-smug.gif

Well that numbers as arbirtary as Domestic being more important as world wide.

Edited by IronJimbo

1 hour ago, filmlover said:

I worry that if he doesn't win this year, arguably the weakest year he's ever been in contention, about what he'll do for his next role. Like we're one movie away from him castrating himself for an Oscar. LOL

I still think he should do a Orson Welles biopic. That's the most obvious bait possible, but he'd be excellent in the role too

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

Won't TFA have a stronger Saturday because it's more family friendly than The Revenant?

Looks like this might a tight race for first.

Maybe, but the movie has already burned off an insane amount of demand so "average" holds from now on wouldn't surprise me.

• Like 1

So around 50% drop this weekend for TFA. Not surprising given how insane the past 3 weekends have been. 1B does look like an uphill battle. But that was always more of a dream than an actual goal. It's already beaten Avatar, from here on out, it's pure gravy.

Great for The Revenant. I think Leo has a rightful claim as the actor with the biggest BO pull right now.

• Like 1

Damnit, Should have posted in the winter game this weekend, I knew Revenant was going to break out. Just saw it myself, man I love star wars completely dominating the box office, but if anything were to dethrone it, The Revenant would be a worthy adversary.. and that camera work!!! freaking gorgeous film to watch.   

1 minute ago, blackspider said:

So around 50% drop this weekend for TFA. Not surprising given how insane the past 3 weekends have been. 1B does look like an uphill battle. But that was always more of a dream than an actual goal. It's already beaten Avatar, from here on out, it's pure gravy.

Great for The Revenant. I think Leo has a rightful claim as the actor with the biggest BO pull right now.

Now that we've beaten Avatar we should aspire for greater glory, let's look ovearseas and see if we can win the grand prize.