WrathOfHan

Weekend Actuals (Page 93): TFA 42.35M | The Revenant 39.83M | Daddy's Home 15.02M | The Forest 12.74M | Sisters 7.19M

35 minutes ago, Rallax said:

Okay, I've only seen Sinister once, but I don't see where in the hell you're getting the Poltergeist vibe from.

Er its almost exactly the same plot except the kid doesn't go to the other side,, he gets posessed instead. Even the producers called it an unofficial Poltergeist remake when explaining the film when it was announced, Google it.

2 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Er its almost exactly the same plot except the kid doesn't go to the other side,, he gets posessed instead. Even the producers called it an unofficial Poltergeist remake when explaining the film when it was announced, Google it.

well even regardless of that, Sinister other than the home movies part was just not that good anyway :P 

9 minutes ago, stuart360 said:

Yeah, you'll have to find it for me, I got nothing.  If you mean that there are kids and there's a house and something haunting it and one of the kids gets possessed, I think you're reaching.  Insidious and Conjuring are a hell of a lot more similar to Poltergeist than Sinister is.

I can't be the only one to think this, can I?

1 minute ago, Rallax said:

Yeah, you'll have to find it for me, I got nothing.  If you mean that there are kids and there's a house and something haunting it and one of the kids gets possessed, I think you're reaching.  Insidious and Conjuring are a hell of a lot more similar to Poltergeist than Sinister is.

I can't be the only one to think this, can I?

Oh fuck me. Sorry dude, i thought you were on about Insidious.

n0cfYDN.gif

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Tau Ceti said:

Carol numbers are awful considering how big the expansion was.

Their plan was to strike around the time Oscar nominations were announced (does anyone expect a lesbian drama set in the 50s to ever make much otherwise?). There's still time for it to regain traction, although if it misses a Best Picture nomination then that'll be tough.

1 minute ago, wildphantom said:

Fingers crossed for an rth update later tonight with a serious uptick for TFA

I just asked Rian Johnson on Twitter to confirm if he was shooting Episode VIII on film or digital. He replied with 'we're shooting film'. God I love Twitter. 

That's pretty cool when they respond directly to you.  Love it!

• Like 3