WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 28): Kung Fu Panda 3 - 41M, The Finest Hours 0- 10.3M, The Revenant - 12.4M...Sunday holds better than expected.....SW over 11 mill and KFP3 over 41 pg 34

Just watched the Bollywood release "Airlift". Would recommend it to anyone looking for a good movie to watch in theaters. Loved it a lot. If you are not Indian, you may miss a bit on it as it does appeal to Indians first and foremost, but it was pretty awesome. It is basically structured like Argo and based on the largest human evacuation in history. May be Akshay Kumar's best performance in quite a while. Trailer with English subtitles below

• Like 1

Just now, department store basement said:

Who knows.

Seeking a Friend for the End of the World only had 2 weeks in theaters, but several films that flopped harder than that got more than 3.

Jem had just 2 weekends. Kids in America (anyone even remember this???) had just 1 weekend!

55 minutes ago, grim22 said:

Just watched the Bollywood release "Airlift". Would recommend it to anyone looking for a good movie to watch in theaters. Loved it a lot. If you are not Indian, you may miss a bit on it as it does appeal to Indians first and foremost, but it was pretty awesome. It is basically structured like Argo and based on the largest human evacuation in history. May be Akshay Kumar's best performance in quite a while. Trailer with English subtitles below

I just saw it too yesterday. I'm not Indian but I loved it! It's thrilling and touching, especially at the end. Yeah, it reminded me a lot of Argo, but it's more Bollywood style (a bit dramatic), which I prefer sometimes for this kind of movies. The Ibrahim character in particular really touched me.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, BoxOfficeChica said:

Not Nicholas Sparks...the Sparks 2012 movie had Zac Efron and the lead from Orange Is The New Black.  The Vow is based on a book written by a real couple who lived through that experience, but it does seem like a Nicholas Sparks plot and has the star of The Notebook.

Ah, yeah my bad. You would swear it was a Sparks movie. 

2 hours ago, Impact said:

Jem had just 2 weekends. Kids in America (anyone even remember this???) had just 1 weekend!

With Julie Bowen as the bad guy although she was only in her early 30s at that point. Also, that movie has the record for the longest on-screen kiss in a movie (around 6 minutes, in the closing credits.

No, I never saw it. Yea for Wikipedia.