grim22

Fast X | May 19 2023 | Part 1 of an epic finale trilogy | Critics say Jason Momoa does a good job

4 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

i thought it was like john wick where they changed their minds on doing two but i guess not. oh well at least there's still time for momoa to become a good guy in the next one.

They'll need Momoa's help against RDJ!!!

https://variety.com/2023/film/news/vin-diesel-fast-and-furious-robert-downey-jr-1235518911/

“Without telling you too much about what happens in the future, there’s a character who is the antithesis of Dom who is promoting AI and driverless cars and a philosophy that with that goes your freedom. There is somebody that believes that’s the future, and that’s at direct odds with the Toretto mentality.”

• Astonished 2

1 hour ago, TheDude391 said:

I always expected a CGI Paul Walker for the final scene (final big BBQ most likely), but as a way to say goodbye to him??? You did that in 7 lol.

"It ain't over till it's over"
Sly

1 hour ago, Eric is Gay for Bowser said:

Wait...this isn't the finale? All this time I thought this was the last Fast and Furious movie outside of like random spin-offs.

It could be the final though, if it does 600-700 mln worldwide with its budget.

Edited by Firepower
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2023 at 4:38 PM, TheDude391 said:

They announced it way back that Fast 10 and 11 would be the finale but since then they've been radio silent on 11. ViewerAnon has backed up now with test screenings that this is part 1.

Edit: Nvm they've started mentioning it again.

https://collider.com/louis-leterrier-fast-11-comments/

To be fair, didn't Marvel do something vaguely like this in the runup to Infinity War (in order to successfully sell it as a stand alone capstone)?

Fast &Furious Titles here.. (⁠.⁠ ⁠❛⁠ ⁠ᴗ⁠ ⁠❛⁠.⁠)

FX - ワイルド・スピードFIRE BOOST 

F9 - ワイルド・スピードJET BREAK 

F8 - ワイルド・スピードICE BREAK

F7 - ワイルド・スピードSKY MISSION

F6 - ワイルド・スピードEURO MISSION

F5 - ワイルド・スピードMEGA MAX

F4 - ワイルド・スピードMAX

F3 - ワイルド・スピードX3 TOKYO DRIFT

F2 - ワイルド・スピードX2

F1 - ワイルド・スピード

@poweranimals

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Seth Irskens said:

Hoping this one and the final one (the next one) will go out with really great movie and script! Otherwise Lookng forward to this one! Here's my reaction and review to the new trailer! 

I repeat, if 12X makes money, it will not be the final one.

Looks better than 9 at least. Hopefully it can recapture the balance that 7-8 had where it was over the top and downright stupid, but the cast were having a blast that it's hard not to be infectious. 9 was just ridiculous imo.

• Disbelief 1

8 hours ago, dudalb said:

I repeat, if 12X makes money, it will not be the final one.

They will do a full reboot of the franchise, that has to happen sooner or latter. The franchise is getting increasingly unsustainable and there needs to be a way to rein in the Harry Potter with cars that it has become. IMHO the reboot was already too late, Fast 9 should have already been the last time we ever see Vin Diesel. Now it will be interesting to see what happens after Fast X becomes the highest grossing flop ever, is Universal really going to go ahead with Fast XI?