WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, Total Treecall said:

I'm not sure you understand ratings. It is impossible for the film to remain the same and get a lower rating.

Even if it did, I don't see why it would add a huge amount. Teenagers can still see it, they just have to have an 18 year old with them.

Yea I know that about the rating if it is PG13 the movie won't have alot of the R rated stuff it has but like I said just pretend that it has a PG13 rating, surely that means it would make alot more because more people have access to see it?

2 minutes ago, Total Treecall said:

I'm not sure you understand ratings. It is impossible for the film to remain the same and get a lower rating.

Even if it did, I don't see why it would add a huge amount. Teenagers can still see it, they just have to have an 18 year old with them. Being rated pg13 isn't going to get parents to see it as a family film when the adverts show that it isn't.

That's slightly incorrect, you actually have to be 21 to accompany a minor (or 25 without an ID).

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

It was fun while it lasted.

Na, Deadpool breaking fourth wall or jokes never get lame, it just how he says them that makes them stay funny. Don't worry Deadpool two he have Avenger jokes and civil jokes and tons other things. 

I just hope Deadpool two has some cable/deadpool friendship in it. 

Edited by drakeyuuhi
  • Like 2

Just now, DMan7 said:

Yea I know that about the rating if it is PG13 the movie won't have alot of the R rated stuff it has but like I said just pretend that it has a PG13 rating, surely that means it would make alot more because more people have access to see it?

That would mean we would live in an entirely different world where it would be common to see movies like Deadpool because most stuff would get a PG-13 rating. 

9 hours ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The more I think sbout it, the more I think this did well cause of Ryan Reynolds and female appeal, plus, it's MARVEL and a Holiday weekend.. Now, like I said, the real test for this will be it's 2nd weekend and how well this will hold or if it's frontloaded to the Max???

It was less Reynolds, and more of the case of the right project and the right actor mainly.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

Just now, CJohn said:

That would mean we would live in an entirely different world where it would be common to see movies like Deadpool because most stuff would get a PG-13 rating. 

Just being hypothetical for this given movie. If DP makes 140M OW with an R rating which means it limits the audience who sees the movie, then if it gets a PG13 rating, the movie remains exactly the same it is nothing changes about the movie whatsoever only the PG13 rating then it automatically becomes accessible to a larger audience and that 140M OW can possibly be alot higher.

1 minute ago, DMan7 said:

Just being hypothetical for this given movie. If DP makes 140M OW with an R rating which means it limits the audience who sees the movie, then if it gets a PG13 rating, the movie remains exactly the same it is nothing changes about the movie whatsoever only the PG13 rating then it automatically becomes accessible to a larger audience and that 140M OW can possibly be alot higher.

No because since in that world extreme violence, nudity and language would be a normal thing in PG-13 a movie like Deadpool wouldn't be a novelty in the super-hero world. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Why not?

Don't know because x men movie to me isn't going be so great with the characters they got.

Even timeline is getting messed up.

civil  war has a shot being good if do it right but with so many missing characters from comics it just feels strange to me. 

batman vs Superman people are saying it even looks bad that from D.C fans. 

Edited by drakeyuuhi

1 minute ago, CJohn said:

No because since in that worlçd fuck, nudity and language would be a normal thing in PG-13 a movie like Deadpool wouldn't be a novelty in the super-hero world. 

NO we aren't talking about a world where R rated movies are PG13, just for this given movie alone. In other words this movie was released as PG13 but remaining in tact in this world.

Edited by DMan7
  • Like 1

LOL

So 12.7M previews made up 26.7% of 47.5M OD.  Bodes well for holds over the weekend.

Sunday shift won't be as strong as more typical V-Day films (V-Day in 2010 increased on Sunday), but Monday hold will be a little better.

>140M for the full 4.5 day period.