WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

Just now, 4815162342 said:

Movie was fun and enjoyable. Colossus definitely made a better impression here than in any of the prior X-Men films where he just stood around and occasionally punched something.

Though why they didn't make a joke about him becoming Russian I've no idea. Maybe too predictable? Or not enough people knew/cared he was American before?

3 minutes ago, Gamb1993 said:

Though why they didn't make a joke about him becoming Russian I've no idea. Maybe too predictable? Or not enough people knew/cared he was American before?

He barely spoke in X2, X3, or DoFP, so the audience would only know him as "strong chrome guy"

• Like 1

This is just incredible and unfathomable Still behind SW 250m weekend and JW or Avenger's 200m's but still one of the most surprising OWs of the past decade.

Also WTF for revenant!! 0.6%drop??!! And that's for the 3-day. Didn't know it was a valentiney movie... :lol: 

46 minutes ago, CJohn said:

That tells me Collider knows nothing about box office :lol: At most I see 155M and that is a high end scenario.

There have been tons of sellouts all weekend long, and that means that Deadpool will have a drop that's far better than the 66% range people are currently thinking. The Monday drop could be more like 50%. Possibly even in the 40s. That said, I suspect the Sunday is slightly overestimated, so the final 4-day total is probably still going to be in the 150-155 range.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I need to get my hands in the screenplay. I never read it because I wanted to be surprised if they eventually used it. Can you tell if the action parts were also in the screenplay too?

Yup, pretty much the whole highway bit has always been there, there was also a car or motorcycle chase (don't remember) btw Ajax and Deadpool, and as it's been said the last few days online, a big gunfight in the third act, all of those got cut because of budget limitations.

The special Valentines showings in Korea pretty much sold out today. It's releasing wide on Wednesday (alongside Zootopia and Danish Girl) with KFP3 and a huge local movie heading into their 3rd weeks but going strong.

That said, this is the sort of thing that Korea has a habit of randomly showing up to in droves so even though about $20M total at best is likely, don't be surprised to see this approach $50M in Korea.

As for WW total, this is making $325M Domestic if it dies after Monday (2.5 Multiplier from a $130M 3 day W/E), making $375M from the rest of the world sounds perfectly doable to me, so I think $700M without China is close to a sure thing.

• Like 3

21 minutes ago, 4815162342 said:

Movie was fun and enjoyable. Colossus definitely made a better impression here than in any of the prior X-Men films where he just stood around and occasionally punched something.

Without a doubt, Colossus had a better role in this movie than in all previous X-Men movies added up together.

He's going to be the lucky recipient of a Deadpool bump in future X-Men films, where he'll almost certainly get a bigger part than he would have a year ago. (Well, if they can figure out a proper film that he would fit into timeline-wise I suppose.)

2 minutes ago, kitik said:

Crazy.

Will they toss a Chinese mutant into Deadpool 2, so they can sneak the movie past the censors?

Depends how much the studio gets involved. If the current writers stay in charge they may well have a minor Chinese villain who gets destroyed absolutely as punishment for banning Deadpool's film :)

This performance by Deadpool is good I think, as far as Comic Book movies are concerned, because it'll force both Disney and Warner Bros to shake their superhero formula a bit, try to innovate instead of stalling (not to say I don't like how they're doing this, but a little innovation certainly can't hurt)

The GA sent a pretty clear message today: Do something that's different, and if it looks legitimate, they will turn up in huge numbers.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, kitik said:

Crazy.

Will they toss a Chinese mutant into Deadpool 2, so they can sneak the movie past the censors?

Hope they don't. That's my biggest concern about the sequel, that they'll try and make it suitable for Chinese censors.

9 minutes ago, Daxtreme said:

This performance by Deadpool is good I think, as far as Comic Book movies are concerned, because it'll force both Disney and Warner Bros to shake their superhero formula a bit, try to innovate instead of stalling (not to say I don't like how they're doing this, but a little innovation certainly can't hurt)

The GA sent a pretty clear message today: Do something that's different, and if it looks legitimate, they will turn up in huge numbers.

Disney already has an r rated super hero thing going on netflix. Daredevil is pretty dark and violent.  Maybe they will give Defenders a theatricle realese now.