WrathOfHan

DEADPOOL WEEKEND THREAD | Deadpool 152.193 actual. Daily breakdown on page 159

1 minute ago, eddyxx said:

So much for Ethan and Cocho's slim hope that this would have bad legs and drop off the face of the earth next weekend. Its a WOM monster.

i read that as coolio and i was about to cuss you out but that's my mistake. need to find another way to vent.

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

You guys are nuts with the DEADPOOL over BVS talk (I don't care whether you're talking OW or domestic). N-U-T-S

giphy.gif

(I don't think it happens but it'll be close. VERY close)

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazydom said:

If BvS disappoints, which I think is a serious possibility, Deadpool could outgross it domestically. Would that be the most insane thing in box office history?

Similiar things have happened with comic films. 2008, 2012. 2014.

Just now, crazydom said:

If BvS disappoints, which I think is a serious possibility, Deadpool could outgross it domestically. Would that be the most insane thing in box office history?

If this happened, Deadpool would top BvS worldwide. And it has a real shot, even if BvS doesn't disappoints. All it takes is been "divisive" like it was Man of Steel and Deadpool keep going crazy like it's going. Deadpool isn't just a domestic hit now. It's worldwide without China. And even without China, it does has a shot. It's that kind of fucking insane we are talking here. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, crazydom said:

Which could mean highest grossing superhero film of the year, too.

I don't see it, but if Deadpool has very strong legs (meaning unlike most comic book films), not impossible. So the thought alone is pretty crazy. Even if BvS is disappointing, I still think it does at least 350 million, and despite Deadpool's amazing opening, not sure it will have enough in the tank to do that.

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

So much for Ethan and Cocho's slim hope that this would have bad legs and drop off the face of the earth next weekend. Its a WOM monster.

Ethan and Cocho looking at the numbers now

tumblr_o2gnn14QbR1sw7d1oo1_540.gif

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

You guys are nuts with the DEADPOOL over BVS talk (I don't care whether you're talking OW or domestic). N-U-T-S

Definitely. I've already seen a very early estimate for BvS between 190-215 for opening weekend. Still an amazing start for Deadpool to say the least.

3 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

If this happened, Deadpool would top BvS worldwide. And it has a real shot, even if BvS doesn't disappoints. All it takes is been "divisive" like it was Man of Steel and Deadpool keep going crazy like it's going. Deadpool isn't just a domestic hit now. It's worldwide without China. And even without China, it does has a shot. It's that kind of fucking insane we are talking here. 

I don't see how Deadpool outgrosses BvS worldwide. 3D (overseas in newer markets) and China gives BvS a tremendous edge. BvS would have to be a fairly spectacular kind of awful.

Edited by MrPink
  • Like 1