kayumanggi

THE HITMAN'S BODYGUARD | 08.18.17 | trailer 1 on page 1

33 minutes ago, AndyLL said:

Same guy.  Doesn't anyone read the 'banned' thread.

BTW... this movie was the funniest I've seen in a long while.  I'd be happy to see RR and SLJ in any movie together.

I did read it. 

I just didnt know they were the same guy though :rofl: I didn't connect the dots. 

But im glad you liked this movie! I thought the same thing too while watching it :) 

8 hours ago, HesAPooka said:

Damn, sucks for the movie but an HD copy is already available online. This will be a good test to see just how much piracy impacts boxoffice.

And it's Netflix....but I have not read they have this already? The same thing happened with The Circle but it was way after release.

On 20/08/2017 at 11:46 PM, AndyLL said:

Same guy.  Doesn't anyone read the 'banned' thread.

BTW... this movie was the funniest I've seen in a long while.  I'd be happy to see RR and SLJ in any movie together.

I fucking ADORED this movie. Everyone was awesome. Jackson, Reynolds, Yung, Oldman, HAYEK. It reminded me those old buddy cop films like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Lethal Weapon. I seriously would be down for a sequel and I do think that it could be possible if it catches on OS and in home video / netflix. I'd be totally down for that. 

• Like 2

On 21/08/2017 at 3:24 PM, DAJK said:

Thought the action was pretty well directed in this. Hughes could have made a pretty kick ass R rated Expendables film honestly.

Yea, I was too surprised by the camerawork in this movie. This guy could do much bigger albeit more mainstream stuff.

Or maybe he just had an excellent 2nd unit ....

On 31/08/2017 at 1:58 PM, iJackSparrow said:

I fucking ADORED this movie. Everyone was awesome. Jackson, Reynolds, Yung, Oldman, HAYEK. It reminded me those old buddy cop films like Kiss Kiss Bang Bang and Lethal Weapon. I seriously would be down for a sequel and I do think that it could be possible if it catches on OS and in home video / netflix. I'd be totally down for that. 

I like the cast and this one has that  light Lethal Weapon feel. If only they cut the profanities and the gore, it could get a wider audience. 

On 9/3/2017 at 5:48 AM, zackzack said:

I like the cast and this one has that  light Lethal Weapon feel. If only they cut the profanities and the gore, it could get a wider audience. 

I don't think audiences would have preferred a tame pairing of Reynolds and Jackson. Both are known for profanities.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Nova said:

I have no idea what they'd do in the sequel but hey I'm not opposed to seeing Reynolds and Jackson teaming up again with a lot more Hayek 

Maybe they could spoof The Has Fallen series and have Bryce and Kincade protecting a world leader from a rogue mercenary. I think Gerard Butler as the villain or the world leader could be a funny role reversal

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Maybe they could spoof The Has Fallen series and have Bryce and Kincade protecting a world leader from a rogue mercenary. I think Gerard Butler as the villain or the world leader could be a funny role reversal

The Hitman's Bodyguard is literally a title I joked about when someone brought-up a sequel regarding this film, lol, and I know they're going to at least consider a sequel, so hey why not do a spoof of "80's macho action films", which Olympus Has Fallen was almost like. 

On 9/10/2017 at 9:09 PM, Mr Impossible said:

Pretty shocking that this film was #1 for 3 weeks straight! Most blockbusters don't do that. Heck IT probably won't do it. 

It had a barren poor August almost all to itself. It was lucky in that regard. 

Edited by Fancyarcher
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, Fancyarcher said:

The Hitman's Bodyguard is literally a title I joked about when someone brought-up a sequel regarding this film, lol, and I know they're going to at least consider a sequel, so hey why not do a spoof of "80's macho action films", which Olympus Has Fallen was almost like. 

Gerard Butler is quite good with comedy likewise Jason Statham and I think he'd be up for doing a film like THB2. Having seen American Assassin and the Has Fallen films, these type of films are ripe for taking the mickey out of.

• Like 1