WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 25): Zootopia 73.7M | London Has Fallen 21.71M | Deadpool 16.4M | WTF 7.6M

7 minutes ago, kowhite said:

Since 50% is probably the average that goes back to the studio, most is probably a bit overstating.  Sure, it can get up to 60%.  At most.

That's absolutely incorrect, it's way higher than 50-60%. But thanks anyways. 

Edited by GiantCALBears

Saw Deadpool yesterday. I was really disappointed.

I haven't read the comics the movie is based on. Are the characters really as one-dimensional there as they are in the movie? I'm annoyed Wade didn't develop as a character at all after the torture, he remained the morally good yet unstable wisecracker he was before.

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I haven't read the comics the movie is based on. Are the characters really as one-dimensional there as they are in the movie? I'm annoyed Wade didn't develop as a character at all after the torture, he remained the morally good yet unstable wisecracker he was before.

I feel like that's kind of the point of his entire character....that he can't be broken.

this has been pootopia: a desperate cry for attention - based on the novel PUSH by sapphire

bye y'all ill be back after zootopia or bvs whichever comes last

Edited by Blankments

3 minutes ago, MrPink said:

I'm not sure if Blank is trying to embrace some Shia performance art as his new persona.

If so, I approve.

It exposes the undercurrent of fascism in zootopia. You know I am right. 

As Der fueur would say, "kumbaya or else!"

Not a libertarian, that one. NOPE.

18 minutes ago, department store basement said:

I always thought that his point was that he was physically indestructible, not mentally.

Deadpool is mentally insane. Hence why he does what he does and doesn't give a crap about it. He does what is best for him and doesn't care about anyone else. That's his character. The Deadpool movie was the best adaption of a comic book character that I've ever seen. Who you saw on the screen is Deadpool. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, department store basement said:

The character is an internet troll. People like him because dick jokes and memes. That's it.

2 minutes ago, department store basement said:

Which were the best parts of the movie. It lacked in most other areas.

Yes, the actual plot with Daario1 and FireflyActress is super terrible but there are a couple good jokes in there

• Like 2

The original showing of Zootopia at 7pm was sold out when we walked up.  Should have bought ahead.  Luckily we were able to buy tickets for a later showing, which also sold out by the time we returned to the theater half an hour later.