CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Just now, Napoleon said:

Why is it nonsense? They did projected $110M. It gone up, but still doesn't change the fact that a few days ago they were projecting that. And even so, the highest it got was $150M. The movie is still outperforming any projections.

It wasn't "a few days", it was "several weeks". That's a huge difference. The tracking just before it opened was 140m+ (Warners), 150m+ (some trades), 160m+ (other trades).

So in other words, it is slightly over-performing, if current numbers hold (along with expected drops).

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

It wasn't "a few days", it was "several weeks". That's a huge difference. The tracking just before it opened was 140m+ (Warners), 150m+ (some trades), 160m+ (other trades).

So in other words, it is slightly over-performing, if current numbers hold (along with expected drops).

Well, we all know it is collapsing 90% tomorrow and people who watched it today will demand refunds because it was so bad right? I don't think it makes 100M for the OW now.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

We have already tried to explain this before. Several hours before. Clearly it's not clicking because here we are still talking about it. 

7 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Are we sure that BvS is getting $1b? Are we sure that the drops won't be affected by the buzz? Wouldn't BvS open a LOT bigger with a film that had positive buzz and reviews aka a good film? My point is that I get your work here is keep things under control and people not fighting, but claiming that it's doing great when we are still on Friday and completely ignoring all the things that this film has it against it is a bit of a tall order.

And we are having it good here on the boards. If you think that the ambient is toxic, check the SHH boards and realize that people are actually behaving pretty well here mostly, other than the gratuitous attacks against people that didn't like the film or people trolling with Marvel RT scores. The buzz is toxic and I've literally never seen the Internet reacting to a film like this since Green Lantern. How much toxic can it get and how it'll affect the box office it's still a question mark, but history tell us that superhero films don't have a bullet proof armor against negative buzz and reviews. Sincerely not even TASM2 had it this bad, hence why I don't believe this is getting to $1b and going at the very least below Deadpool domestic. How is that a win, it's truly beyond my understanding.

My post just said Sony wanted 1B for TASM2, which is true. Nothing else. 

4 minutes ago, AdamKendall said:

110 was the 'studio' projection which is basically trying to keep expectations low so the result can be spun in their advantage.

Anyway, hope it can get 170-175.  I think my projection was 175 for the longest time.

NO it was NOT. It was from rival studios

3 minutes ago, CJohn said:

B?!?!?!

Holy shit. I didn't knew that. Crazy. Just crazy, I didn't see this coming. 

@CJohn Based on your sig I guess you have been watching Interstellar, or at least thinking of the movie

GET A SPECIAL ACCOUNT - Check All The Benefits of Having a Cooper, Silver, Premium or Gold Account - CLICK HERE

Interstellar-012.jpg

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Future Foundation said:

Official Friday numbers are when on Saturday?

Usually they start trickling in between 7-9am (Pacific Time). If Rth pops in for a late-night update, it'll probably be fairly accurate... and DHD's late-night updates are usually close as well.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Even if you were right, this still makes my point. It doesn't matter if it's above or right what was expected, WB is not disappointed.

1 minute ago, AdamKendall said:

Please don't make me search for the article.  First tracking was 120-140 according to 'rival studio projectors'.  Deadline mentioned WB is looking at 110.

It was rival studios, honey. Do you really want to argue with me? Go search if you want, it will prove you're wrong.