CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

4 hours ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm using history of poorly received superhero films to understand where this is heading. With a perfect storm, this could truly gross more than JW and TA. But what we have is a film with 30% on RT and user reviews scores dropping by the day. It's a film with negative buzz coming from a film with 'mixed' buzz. It's not far fetched to project bad legs for this, especially looking at how the Internet is reacting to this. I've become kind of good at understanding why a film with positive buzz explodes (Deadpool) and other with negative buzz implodes (TASM2). Deadpool this isn't, and even if it gets to a $350m Dom final which I don't believe it will, with the film opening everywhere today, it'd have to almost triple its OS numbers to cross comfortable $1b. And I'm just not seeing it.

You DID notice though that the audience score is 74 now did you? And it was at 68 yesterday. Just saying.

1 minute ago, incognitoo said:

You DID notice though that the audience score is 74 now did you? And it was at 68 yesterday. Just saying.

Not last night, it was at 75 - 76 I believe when I checked at 7 AM EST. I've never seen it in the 60s unless it was there very briefly.

1 minute ago, bladels said:

When? The lowest score I've seen is 73%

The IMDB score and Flixter score will drop a lot more after opening weekend.

That is every film not ragging on this film. 

To me the IMDB score dropping to mid level 7 is a bit :wacko:already 

Edited by Lordmandeep

11 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Looking at 23.9 million as per Deadline, -36% the worst hold yet for the movie.

DL been way off on projections. Let's see Friday number 1st. Thursdays number tells me 27m when you compare it home last easter.

"Zootopia which is looking to take an estimated $23.9M in its fourth frame, off 36%, taking its cume by Sunday to $241.3M." 

No reported Friday estimates for Zootopia again? Come on! I'm not going to take this weekend estimate seriously without a Friday number ...hopefully it's over $10 million. My theater was crowded due to the Batman v Superman sellouts.  

Edited by Arlo245

2 minutes ago, somebody85 said:

Not last night, it was at 75 - 76 I believe when I checked at 7 AM EST. I've never seen it in the 60s unless it was there very briefly.

Well I am pretty sure it was. I checked it against the user ratings of divergent, deadpool and cloverfield lane. I remember asking myself why this critics score is such a big thing when the audience score is nearly 70 percent.

16 minutes ago, MrPink said:

A B is not typically good, but it doesn't necessarily mean bad if it's a small number of extremely bad reactions dragging it down which is what happened to Wolf of Wall Street or Drive for example.

And of course, a movie of this size might just drag people out of curiosity no matter what people say.

Yep. The very idea of Batman vs Superman is too iconic and anticipated for it to fail on any measure on OW it seems.

14 minutes ago, Dingdong123 said:

Looking at 23.9 million as per Deadline, -36% the worst hold yet for the movie.

I think Disney is totally fine with that haha

1 minute ago, incognitoo said:

Well I am pretty sure it was. I checked it against the user ratings of divergent, deadpool and cloverfield lane. I remember asking myself why this critics score is such a big thing when the audience score is nearly 70 percent.

Maybe that is the score in Germany. I think they have different scores based on territory. Here in the States it got down to 73% this afternoon and then went back up to 74% tonight.

1 minute ago, redfirebird2008 said:

Maybe that is the score in Germany. I think they have different scores based on territory. Here in the States it got down to 73% this afternoon and then went back up to 74% tonight.

That's what I've seen too. I would definitely remember if it fell into the 60s.