CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

5 minutes ago, CJohn said:

They can't delay JL, IMO. The cast is gigantic, they just can't push the shooting 3 months back. Part of them probably would have to leave the project. 

I think Affleck is the only who's schedule might be a problem.  I don't see anything big on the horizon for Cavill or Gadot and with such a long shoot they can move scheduling around for actors with smaller roles.

2 minutes ago, aliadiere29 said:

But the also can't afford to keep a director who will barely get them a profit for this.... there's no way the Justice League will generate the amount of buzz BvS got with Snyder in charge.

I think they have a GIANT problem on their hands.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nilephelan said:

No way.  If anything, Affleck comes out of this thing clean with nearly everyone saying he was the best thing about the movie and would rather have him direct or can't wait to see him direct the stand alone version of Batman.  

I am glad that he took this on because Warner Bros. basically told him he can get the budget and direct a number of other projects like Live By Night whenever he wants to.  

Exactly, I don't feel bad for Affleck at all. At least he still has a career even if this movie tanks. The person I feel bad for is Cavill. He seems like a really nice guy and if this movie does tank what are his prospects going forward? It's not like he has projects lined up for him. Snyder did him no favors making Superman a mopey mute that barely spoke. Cavill never got a chance to show his acting chops at all. Put MOS and BvS together and you have 5 hours total that feature 5 minutes of Clark Kent? That's a damn shame. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

People wants this fail so bad lol

It's amazing, isn't it? I don't read this much negativity in other superhero movies. Spiderman, iron man, avengers, Captain America, etc. 

I don't this hatred they have towards Superman or Batman. But it's more Superman than any other. 

They just can't accept or hate his powers. They consider them "bored" 

Or maybe it's Batman and his toys. 

I don't know

5 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Note: If Weekend is around 160 million it would have sold as many tickets as Fast 7. 

Without someone dying and a hit song?

This was supposed to be a joke, but I'll admit, it's in bad taste. Apols. 

Edited by Krissykins
  • Like 1

Just now, VGPOP said:

It's amazing, isn't it? I don't read this much negativity in other superhero movies. Spiderman, iron man, avengers, Captain America, etc. 

I don't this hatred they have towards Superman or Batman. But it's more Superman than any other. 

I don't know

I don't even think it's that. I think people want something to talk about. Like with Deadpool people were just shocked at its numbers and it gave them something to talk about. Same with Zootopia. If BvS opens in its normal range it leave us with: okay predictions are correct. And since BvS doesn't look like it's going to exceed expectations people want it to hit lower so they can keep talking about what went wrong and what changes need to be made etc. 

*There are some folks who want to see it fail and have openly said that as well. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

I think Affleck is the only who's schedule might be a problem.  I don't see anything big on the horizon for Cavill or Gadot and with such a long shoot they can move scheduling around for actors with smaller roles.

Idk about Gal She has a lot commitment in her home country.

2 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

Exactly, I don't feel bad for Affleck at all. At least he still has a career even if this movie tanks. The person I feel bad for is Cavill. He seems like a really nice guy and if this movie does tank what are his prospects going forward? It's not like he has projects lined up for him. Snyder did him no favors making Superman a mopey mute that barely spoke. Cavill never got a chance to show his acting chops at all. Put MOS and BvS together and you have 5 hours total that feature 5 minutes of Clark Kent? That's a damn shame. 

Does Cavill have any acting chops to show off?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

I don't know

You must not have been around when TASM2 got the same reaction as BvS and it was much deserved. 

• Like 2

I love Superman and I've never found him boring.  I've enjoyed countless TV shows, animated series & movies and comics with him.  Hell, I've even enjoyed Superman fan fiction FFS.   But Snyder's version?  I dislike and find deadly dull because I don't think he likes Superman.

• Like 1