CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

1 minute ago, TalismanRing said:

W/E numbers aren't even in yet but projections in many of the Int'l topics say otherwise.  It had a big OD in a lot of those countries because of Good Friday. 

There aren't any projections yet but in the one that do are syingover TDKR and Im3, Uk it is the bggest sh weekend ever and china even collpasing did more than TDKR and MOS total OW.

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

Did you seriously miss my blurbs and reviews in the RTM and spoiler thread? :sadben: 

I am so sorry :sadben: Gonna try to find them now. 

1 minute ago, grey ghost said:

I'm not saying you don't have a right to like certain movies.

I just thought 99% of people agreed ASM2 was terrible.  :P

1. Good then. :)

2. Well, some die-hard fans probably found it terrible. GA seems to find it either decent/ok/average/fine. It had mixed reception....rather than Fant4stic's catastrophic reception.

8 hours ago, Impact said:

I have yet to see a single bad report about BVS.

(You know as one person put it-it is better then most Superman films, except MOS and Supes 1. And Supes 2 the Donnor version)

"It's better than most superman films except half of them." Poster quote.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

SK will decrease but why would it decrease in China from Im3 when CA2 had  a similar gross to IM3

Damn.  I thought you were talking BVS numbers.    Projections for China have CW doing AOU numbers so yeah that would top IM3 and TW numbers by about $130m.

36 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

I think this movie pleases its fan base.

But if you think non fans were negative after Man of Steel.

Its about to get a lot more nasty and focused after Batman vs Superman. 

Cant imagine the negativity for a Zack Synder directed JL lol 

But JL will be a whole other beast. BvS was dark. JL will be more light hearted Terio said that just recently. Likely in same vein as TA maybe a little darker but not much. So since the tone will be completely different i do not see a problem at all.

9 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

While you wait for the #s, read Roger Ebert's 4-star review of The Cook, The Thief, His Wife & Her Lover and watch the movie on Netflix Instant Watch now! 

I got though approx 10 minutes of this movie and I will never try watching it again even if it means I might have grown to love it.

I. Just. Can't.  :sick:

Edited by TalismanRing

I'm in the camp of those that don't think Civil War will get to $200m.I think it'll open to around what we are seeing with BvS.

The reason why many of us thought that BvS would out open Civil War was because it was the first time ever that people were going to see the pairing of two of the big three superheroes (Spider-man being the other) in live action. Batman movies have always done well (even the criticized Batman and Robin and Batman Forever made good money) and the last two Superman films were solid performers. Not to mention the ubiquitous marketing (God forgive me but even on illegal streaming sites, there were BvS ads) and I assumed it couldn't go any lower than $175m OW. Anyway, $170m is still massive and except for the loonies, that can't be termed a disappointment.

Regarding Civil War, that first week of May is still "prime movie estate" and if it gets stellar reviews then it "might" open more than BvS but I think it all depends on the reviews. I seriously doubt the first Avengers would have crossed the $200m OW mark if the stellar reviews didn't supercharge interest in the movie. Same with the Dark Knight when it broke the OW record in 2008.

1 minute ago, tribefan695 said:

I can't hate ASM2 since it did succeed in wringing out some tears at the end

Sent from my Z667T using Tapatalk

I felt something with TASM2. It was REALLY bad in some points. Garfield can't convince anyone as an adolescent in that film, Electro is awful, Goblin is awful and the Norman Osborn and the airplane subplot is complete nonsense, and same goes for the sinister six forced subplot. But Peter and Gwen were genuine. And I sincerely can't think a more heartbreaking scene in any blockbuster in the recent years than Peter trying to reach it to Gwen. It still gives me goosebumps every time I see it. It's the type of scene that every time you watch it, you hope it will end differently but it doesn't. Webb nailed THAT ONE scene more than anything else he did with that franchise. It's easily among the most iconic scenes from the past Spider-Man films.

8 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Then you get how you feel about BvS. I'll actually argue that TASM2 is a LOT more defendable as a decent film than BvS will ever be. Hell, even Spider-Man 3 AND MoS are better films. Affleck's Batman is good, but not enough to be better than these films.

Actually no TASM2 was so bad it killed the franchise at that spot and Sony had to share the Spider-Man rights with marvel and this Spider-Man looks like a 12 year old cgi character instead of more humanistic character in suit that was Tobey . 

2 minutes ago, Crossfire said:

something tells me that the Venom solo film will be a box office bomb, never trust Avi Arad.

Didn't he force Raimi to use Venom in SM 3 because of all the toys he thought it would sell?  Well, Sony doesn't get any money from SM merch anymore so why does he even care now?

36 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The Superheroes market place will become way too crowded starting this year.

Doing gigantic numbers will be tougher and tougher, year after year.

This prediction has been made annually for the past 15 years. :sadben:

• Like 4