CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Furious 7 fell 9.6% on Saturday from its true Friday #. I've been assuming BvS's drop tomorrow will be a tad bigger. I mentioned a round 10% at the start of the day, but it might be closer to 11-12% considering the much bigger previews, some natural front-loading and more mixed WOM. Point I'm making is tomorrow's hold is the really interesting aspect of this weekend. 

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, boomboom234 said:

Comparing to ultron that is the same opening day, now ultron fell 33% Saturday while this will have a softer fall but age of ultron only fell 11% Sunday off stay which this movie will be higher but why are ultrons numbers impalpable again with the same previews and od

Ultron didn't have the advantage of opening on a Good Friday the way BvS does and F7 did. Best comparison for extrapolations would still be F7.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RichWS said:

Furious 7 fell 9.6% on Saturday from its true Friday #. I've been assuming BvS's drop tomorrow will be a tad bigger. I mentioned a round 10% at the start of the day, but it might be closer to 11-12% considering the much bigger previews, some natural front-loading and more mixed WOM. Point I'm making is tomorrow's hold is the really interesting aspect of this weekend. 

If it falls 11% then say 33% the next day it is exactly following ultron down to the same opening day today it can hit 190

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

Is there a big sporting event this week end in America ?

NCAA Basketball Tournament, which does draw a decent amount of ratings.

• Like 1

People are seriously saying good Friday is a holiday? I had to work. All the businesses we are partnered worked. Today was a normal day. Schools were out but that was because spring break which is not a single day. 

A holiday for me is Christmas, memorial day, July 4th, thanksgiving..... Not good Friday!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Did you liked it?

You kidding? It is the best SH movie I've ever seen by a mile. I went in a bit bummed when my friend told me I should not overhype it because I might not enjoy it and she doesn't want to play "cheer up" an entire night. After the movie she was the one being ecstatic.

Spoiler

We talk and among other things she tells me it is awesome that they managed to tie all the plots in that way (she writes so she was interested in this). Then I break it to her that this is the major complaint when it comes to this movie and she doesn't get it:rofl:

All in all, this obliterated my expectations. 

Diving more into my audience's reaction, there was A LOT of laughter at jokes and

Spoiler

at a certain point (people who've seen this know what moment) a girl started crying somewhere behind me.

I don't know about the US, but here I am pretty sure this will have good legs here. 

2 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

Where are you from?

Romania.:)

• Like 2