CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

Again this is WB's second biggest day.

It's one of the biggest days, period.

The only way this is disappointing is if you expected a sequel to MOS to open bigger than Deathly Hallows 2 and become the 2nd biggest day in history.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Napoleon said:

Nothing worth reading, only the same people moaning.

Including you :P 

9 minutes ago, filmlover said:

The new Jeff Nichols movie (his first of two this year) has stalled in limited release. Definitely one of the more curious dumps of the year so far.

Did it expanded this weekend? Either way it is bad, I was expecting a wide release sometime in April. Guess it won't even come out in theaters here. Shame. 

6 minutes ago, James said:

Well, Deadline made another update with a 81.3m number so that should be put in the title. But aside from it it is the same bs.

Well, I like this, I like this a lot. 

2 minutes ago, WrathOfHan said:

Tele posted, um, something :lol: 

Tele posting is always a big event, need to check it out. 

1 minute ago, WrathOfHan said:

BVS might not beat Ant-Man in China. Paul Rudd. His power.

Lmao, first KFP3 and now this, China is starting to say fuck you to Hollywood pandering. 

2 minutes ago, grey ghost said:

Again this is WB's second biggest day.

It's one of the biggest days, period.

The only way this is disappointing is if you expected a sequel to MOS to open bigger than Deathly Hallows 2 and become the 2nd biggest day in history.

It is Good Friday, you open any major blockbuster on Good Friday it would have opened huge. 

7 minutes ago, James said:

I see all this talk about Easter holidays and only after that I realize that the orthodox Easter is on 1st of May, more than one month away. Also, why is the Good Friday stuff pushed as wordwide holiday. It is first and foremost a western holiday. And it is apparently a legal holiday in only 12 US states, so the report of people around here saying they had to work yesterday are true. I doubt Friday was as inflated as some of you think.

It's a state holiday meaning it's a mandatory non work day in 12 states.  But there are cities and companies outside of those states that give it as a work holiday.  It's also a school holiday in most places.  In Canada, which is pat of domestic box office it's a national holiday.  Historically , Easter holiday w/e has been front loaded because Good Friday does in fact behave like a holiday with even Thur normally getting a 20% bump leading into it.

It's not a WW Holiday but it is for many counties - particularly in L.A. and Europe.

Just now, lab276 said:

Any chance it doesn't beat Deadpool DOM?

Possibly. Depends where Deadpool lands. Based on its legs it's looking anywhere from 365-370 maybe a tiny bit more for Deadpool. And we don't know the drops for this movie yet. I think next weekend will give us a better idea of how the legs for this movie are. 

12 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Just look at past Good Friday grosses and you'll see a pattern. Not everyone in the U.S. has off but most do.

Yeah, I am looking, and aside from Furious 7, a franchise very well known for being frontloaded, no other major movie opened there. Saying there is a pattern when all you have to compare is apples and oranges is just lazy. 

Edited by James

5 minutes ago, lab276 said:

It should beat DP.

Assuming DP does 370m, BVS will only need 2.18x to get there if it opens to 170m.

If it opens to 165m, it will need 2.24x.

With 160m, will need 2.31x - at this point things get could close imo.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, lab276 said:

It would need Green Lantern legs or worse.

So there's a very slim chance it won't beat Deadpool.

Edit: This is assuming BvS gets close to 170 m OW.

Edited by grey ghost

2 minutes ago, James said:

Yeah, I am looking, and aside from Furious 7, a franchise very well known for being frontloaded, no other major movie opened there. Saying there is a pattern when you you have to compare is apple and oranges is just lazy. 

Clash of the Titans in 2010. Not as big as the others but still big.

6 minutes ago, CJohn said:

Including you :P 

Did it expanded this weekend? Either way it is bad, I was expecting a wide release sometime in April. Guess it won't even come out in theaters here. Shame. 

Well, I like this, I like this a lot. 

Tele posting is always a big event, need to check it out. 

Lmao, first KFP3 and now this, China is starting to say fuck you to Hollywood pandering. 

Midnight Special expands to 55 theaters next weekend per BOM

• Like 1