CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

32 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

Here are a couple things....

- Deadpool should have opened even higher than it did.  So many theaters were caught off guard (they shouldn't have been) and were still running a normal winter schedule when it came to early/late shows and number of prints/screens allocated on Friday and Saturday.  Many didn't have shows before 11am and weren't adding late late shows to accommodate the crowds.  BvS had WAY more screens and showtimes running.  

- Monday numbers for BvS......

giphy.gif

Worthy Korbinite, share with us your mighty wisdom.

3 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Conspiracy failure. It's happening.

200 negative reviews is harsh imo... 

Free Mason Illumati conspiring with Disney under the Denver Aiport against Batman vs Superman it seems

3 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Yes, it happens fairly regularly. In terms of over/under-estimation, some of the biggest were ATTACK OF THE CLONES and SCREAM 2. Both were over-estimated by 8m or so (going off memory).

Yeah Attack of the Clones was a big one. Wasn't that Fox? I think they were trying to out-do Spider-Man, which--if memory serves--had a then all-time record opening at the beginning of that month. Actuals fell way short lol

Edited by jse

2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

200 negative reviews is harsh imo... 

Free Mason Illumati conspiring with Disney under the Denver Aiport against Batman vs Superman it seems

The mouse's hands, um I mean paws, are clean. No panic necessary and I'd guess he would welcome a challenger in the marketplace. I know I would like to see that.

3 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Snyder might have preferred to have made Man of Steel 2 but not so strongly that he was willing to drop out of the project. It might have been WB's call but they thought they could deliver a strong Batman vs. Superman movie now. Snyder is a professional and I'm sure he did the best he could with the project that WB hired him to do. Trying to suggest otherwise is silly. For the most part, people don't set out to make bad movies. They try to make good movies. People who go into studios tend to do so for a reason (besides the money): they love film(s). They want to make good films. It doesn't always work out.

2 hours ago, Telemachos said:

Not even "for the most part". People set out to make a great movie. Even when it's something like a parody -- SHARKNADO -- the goal is to make something that people will enjoy watching because of its ironic "badness". 

2 hours ago, Water Bottle said:

Yeah. Also the execs with bad creative ideas think they are good creative ideas. They too want to make good films.

I was out buying dinner (a delicious temaki, dayum) and replying for minor stuff while waiting the thing to get made, so I'm sorry for the late reply.

Water Bottle, I'm not saying that WB was set out to make a bad film. I'm saying that even though was a film that I didn't like (and after BvS I actually literally hate, it had the reverse effect that I expected when I started anticipating BvS, similar to what B&R did to BF), Snyder was right on saying that they should develop Superman more before he facing another superheroes like Batman.

I'm saying that Snyder was overruled by WB execs that went for the easy way out of making a film with Batman, Superman and they overstuffed the film hoping that would make people happy (see the parallels with TASM2 again) and it turned out a disaster.

Like I've said, it's not like they set out to make a bad film, Tele and Bottle. It's that they even had the bad exemple of TASM2 and didn't realize they were actually making a film that was even worse than either MoS or even TASM2. This thing is approaching to Green Lantern at RT and it's well deserved because as a bad film full of plot holes and poorly made effects, GL at least had a somewhat coherent bad story. BvS is an incoherent bad story with very poor effects and the soundtrack of a film that truly is loud, bombastic and empty. It's not that it isn't funny, it's the fact that it's joyless and unintelligible. It's literally the single Snyder film that I've ever hated, and it simply did that because exposed all the glaring problems with Zack Snyder's films: he's a terrible storyteller that makes some great visuals. Thing is that we get great visuals from literally anything these days: tv series, video games and etc, but storytelling is key. 

There is a great film buried deep down BvS. A film a competent filmmaker would be able to deliver. If the WB execs couldn't foresee that this film wouldn't play well to Snyder strengths, the problem is that they tried to adjust the sails of this boat without changing the commander of the ship. Like Punisher would say, WB was half-measure. Hence why we have this impending doom scenario for this film right now.

Edited by iJackSparrow

22 minutes ago, rickfox said:

well, what can I say

he hates BvS before WB release it. now.....

Beautiful. Thank you. 

Hoping the critics see this. And the politicians.

22 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

I'm saying that Snyder was overruled by WB execs that went for the easy way out of making a film with Batman, Superman and they overstuffed the film hoping that would make people happy (see the parallels with TASM2 again) and it turned out a disaster.

Like I've said, it's not like they set out to make a bad film, Tele and Bottle. It's that they even had the bad exemple of TASM2 and didn't realize they were actually making a film that was even worse than either MoS or even TASM2.

Your first paragraph is full of wild supposition, not to mention none of what you say is "easy".

Your second paragraph is literally just your opinion on the movie. 

Please stop top trying to fix stuff for Warners. Just hate the result and move on. 

• Like 6

52 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Batman vs Superman becomes the first movie ever to get 200 Rotten Reviews on RT (its at 199 its happening!) 

I would have thought Transformers 2 had hit that, but it only had 196 rotten reviews.  It's in "good" company though lol

Edited by FTF

2 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

i dont get it

All these people keep going on and on about critics being bought out by Disney to trash the movie failing to realize that we really do live in a world controlled by Disney, and now that picture depicts what is about to happen: taking them down because it's all a conspiracy against WB/DC ya know.