CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

I kinda have that feeling that we're hearing about Snyder currently working on finishing up that 3hr R-rated cut because we might see a limited release. That could def add another few bucks and give us something new to fight about. 

Here are a couple things....

- Deadpool should have opened even higher than it did.  So many theaters were caught off guard (they shouldn't have been) and were still running a normal winter schedule when it came to early/late shows and number of prints/screens allocated on Friday and Saturday.  Many didn't have shows before 11am and weren't adding late late shows to accommodate the crowds.  BvS had WAY more screens and showtimes running.  

- Monday numbers for BvS......

giphy.gif

• Like 10

2 hours ago, Ohana said:

Guyz I've read in some Twitter accounts that WB might release the R-Rated version to theaters

Can they really do that?

Why would they want to?  Nobody's saying they hated this movie because it wasn't  violent and disturbing enough.  #1 complaint seems to be "not funny and not fun", #2 complaint seems to be "What the hell did I just watch?"

So a better strategy to drum up some extra box office would be to cut the original down to a PG and then splice in the blooper reel.  This would fix #1, leave them no worse off than before with #2, and hopefully lure in more of the people who were on the fence about bringing their kids.

:lol:

2 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

- Deadpool should have opened even higher than it did.  So many theaters were caught off guard (they shouldn't have been) and were still running a normal winter schedule when it came to early/late shows and number of prints/screens allocated on Friday and Saturday.  Many didn't have shows before 11am and weren't adding late late shows to accommodate the crowds.  BvS had WAY more screens and showtimes running.  

giphy.gif

I see Sad Ben faces.... Sad Ben faces everywhere.

4 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

giphy.gif

Define not great.   O/U $11m?

45 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

CARS 2 would say otherwise. 

Experienced people can have a good guess about what'll work, and what audiences will like, but no one knows for sure (especially when it comes to execution). 

I would take your word for it. I only comment as a consumer. I have noticed that Disney will delay tentpoles if necessary. Seems like a good way to go.

1 hour ago, Ozymandias said:

If Deadpool becomes the highest grossing superhero flick of 2016 thats awesome and well deserved.   I was really late to seeing it because I was initially wary of seeing yet another cookie cutter CBM(I think the the last one I saw was was GOTG) but some friends convinced me to see it.   It was fresh, violent, actually funny, and fourth wall breaking awesomeness.

I hope it is the highest grossing comic book movie of the year.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, SWXII said:

I would take your word for it. I only comment as a consumer. I have noticed that Disney will delay tentpoles if necessary. Seems like a good way to go.

Animation is kinda a different beast. That being said, who gets to decide "if necessary", and whether it's even needed?

2 minutes ago, Telemachos said:

Animation is kinda a different beast. That being said, who gets to decide "if necessary", and whether it's even needed?

I think in the case of Disney they bring in creatives from other divisions to do screenings. Also screenings are done with the public of course. With all the money on the line I would guess this would be a growth industry. 

Hmm, professional screeners? 

I'd do that.

12 minutes ago, Ozymandias said:

Today under Furious 7's 14m Monday

Mark it down folks

That was already obvious.  BvS was $4m ahead for Saturday and the lead had dropped to only $640,000 on Sunday.

2 hours ago, Rth said:

Yeah across the board Dolphin , Aventura mall & Disney Springs often big ones , Disney Springs BvS was about #5 in state

No not even close, biggest southcenter in Tukwila

Ahh Tukwila. Filipinos do love their superheroes.