CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

I'm not at all religious, so most of the time I see religious films the way I see horror films: most of them are bad, formulaic, poorly acted, and exist to please a certain demographic and make a cheap and quick dollar. But, both genres have those few films that come out once in a while with a talented director who gets together a talented cast around a solid script and can make an enjoyable movie. An example would be James Wan with the Conjuring.

Another example would be Miracles from Heaven. Just saw it and I surprisingly enjoyed it.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

So what will you watch this weekend? smiling face with open mouth and smiling eyes

Nada.

April looks pretty weak in terms of appealing product but I suppose that isn't a surprise (The Jungle Book and Everybody Wants Some are the only movies that scream "must see" for me, while I'll probably see The Boss if we can fit it into our schedule just because I would watch Melissa McCarthy in anything). But we don't really have the money for movies now so I can't say I'm complaining.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Panda Knight said:
2 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

15 million would be around 55.4% drop so would be modeling around Fast 7 then. 

15m Monday confirmed.

That's pretty good, pacing better than IM3 at least.

1 minute ago, lancelot123 said:

Better than FF7 since it had a 57.7% drop.

It dropped Harder Sunday so I say even.

I think I seen this before with Spiderman 3, everyone piled on the hate (rightly so) and underestimated the legs of the movie. 

336 million was not amazing result but many were calling for sub 300 million or low 300s after opening weekend. 

However all can change with the Friday number but if it continues on this trend likely heading to 380+. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

15m is a good number. But I'm interested to find where rth happened to find that cover with the exact amount he needed? LOL

Thx rth.

Kudos to Panda Knight who first caught on from RTH hints.