CJohn

BATMAN V SUPERMAN WEEKEND THREAD | 166.01M OW, New March OW Record. 420.4M WW OW.

2 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

Hopefully this piece of trash turns out to be front loaded as fuck (it most likely will). 

A person can't be front loaded, and this thread is not for us to be talking about you, it's for us to discuss box office numbers.

5 minutes ago, #ED said:

If this makes 65M total today, you will be completely right. I still see 75M+. I could be wrong, but I think pre-sales were good for today.

75M is still not spectacular. It is gonna do 160M OW. TDKR 2.0 only without good legs. 

• Like 2

How the hell are you guys saying that this is going to be more front-loaded than Age of Ultron? That was a movie that was coming off the biggest opening weekend of all time. Your logic is completely f***** up. I don't understand you guys anymore. It's like there's a collective Mafia mass of mob like attitude here that as soon as someone doesn't like something everybody else has to pile on it. I seriously don't get this site sometimes. I came for the number I was looking for I'm out of here. I'll check back in to see the Friday numbers but I'm not talking to you doofuses anymore this weekend lol enjoy the Bloodbath.

• Like 19

Here are some things to consider when comparing Batman v Superman to Ultron or other Disney released films.....

- Batman v Superman opened an hour earlier 

- The thursday preview number contains sponsored and advance corporate buyouts that started as early as Wednesday all the way through Thursday evening

- Disney only allows 1 hours early corporate buyouts, so Ultron numbers not as inflated

Good start given the reviews for Batman v Superman, but that number is going to be inflated compared to others.  

• Like 9

6 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

It's a great number.

Dont know why people are saying $175m though, look at TDKR multiplier from midnights. Then Easter weekend multipliers are typically 2-2.15x. $140-160m. Unless it over performs the rest of the weekend. Such a good start. 

IMO you can't use TDKR as a comparison due to the shooting.

5 minutes ago, Baumer said:

How the hell are you guys saying that this is going to be more front-loaded than Age of Ultron? That was a movie that was coming off the biggest opening weekend of all time. Your logic is completely f***** up. I don't understand you guys anymore. It's like there's a collective Mafia mass of mob like attitude here that as soon as someone doesn't like something everybody else has to pile on it. I seriously don't get this site sometimes. I came for the number I was looking for I'm out of here. I'll check back in to see the Friday numbers but I'm not talking to you doofuses anymore this weekend lol enjoy the Bloodbath.

Its Good Friday...

It's a great number.

Dont know why people are saying $175m though, look at TDKR multiplier from midnights. Then Easter weekend multipliers are typically 2-2.15x. $140-160m. Unless it over performs the rest of the weekend. Such a good start. 

• Like 3

BVS will have an 84m OD if it behaves like AOU. I thought BVS's previews would be equally front-loaded due to hype, Friday being half a holiday and starting at 6pm. However AOU started early too at 7pm. Also it was a sequel to a 200m opener which had a multiplier of >3x. So maybe to give it AOU's preview to TF (true friday) multiplier may not be fair.

It won't have a TA like ratio of Previews to TF either. Front-loading and online sales have increased since then.

TA's previews represented 23% of OD and AOU's represented 33% of OD.

Splitting the difference we get 28%, which would give BVS an OD of 98m. That is too high a mark, but 90m OD is not out of the question.

imo 80-90m (85m) OD is the low-high end.

Edited by a2knet

7 minutes ago, Baumer said:

How the hell are you guys saying that this is going to be more front-loaded than Age of Ultron?

Holiday weekend (Good Friday is always very inflated), mostly. Majority already began their weekend off before the 6:00 showings.