kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

47 minutes ago, nilephelan said:

It isn't an amazing number.  That is silly.  

Pseudo holiday with a PG-13 mega budget comic property featuring Batman and Superman grossed almost $5m less than Deadpool.  

It is a decent number, but AMAZING is not the word for it.  

To be fair, Deadpool's Monday landed on a national holiday, most schools were closed.

Presidents’ Day Feb. 15, 2016 Feb. 15, 2016

I am using the LAUSD website as my evidence in case anyone is curious where I am getting this.

BvS first Monday landed the day after Easter, where a portion of schools are closed.

LAUSD was open as they were on spring break last week. I think someone mentioned that NYC schools were also in session? Anyone? 

Spring Recess March 21 – March 25, 2016

http://achieve.lausd.net/Page/8077

Edited by 5upe5

12 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

No, wanting a film to fail so Zack Snyder gets the boot and the DCCU is saved. Quite different. I didn't get when people didn't like TASM2 either, but now I do and they were right. But this isn't the proper board for this, neither for the analysis of what I want to happen with this franchise. Let it go.

I actually like Snyder. But, at this point, I don't mind another director to take a shot. We know what we would get in the next film...though, to be fair, Terrio already did say it would be lighter. 

However...I just don't want to deal with this circus again next year. lol 

• Like 2

• Community Manager
15 minutes ago, Jonwo said:

Warner Bros is more than just films, there's television which is hugely profitable just from Big Bang Theory syndication and Ellen. I imagine consumer products make them a ton of money from Potter, Batman and Scooby Doo alone. 

I can't tell if you are trying to disagree with me? Yeah, there's plenty of facets to WB's business. It's why it's a billion-dollar subsidiary in a multi-billion dollar conglomerate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Water Bottle said:

I can't tell if you are trying to disagree with me? Yeah, there's plenty of facets to WB's business. It's why it's a billion-dollar subsidiary in a multi-billion dollar conglomerate.

Not disagreeing, just mentioning that WB is more than just the film unit. Disney's most profitable asset is ESPN for example the film business does very well and will continue to do so, a poor year at the box office isn't great but unless it's a growing trend then most see it as a blip. Universal had a really sucky 2014 but bounced back in 2015 for example. 

• Like 1

Zootopia made more money yesterday ( 4th monday) than the first !!

Anyone knows if any other movie achieved this in recent times (last 20 -25 years)?

If this is the first i think it is a very remarkable feat !!!

• Like 2

1 hour ago, hasanahmad said:

Yes! Critics are here to review the movie itself not tell us that snyderverse as a universe is not the one we want !

I don't think you got with the fact that critics are wanting a universe which is not serious instead of reviewing a movie which is, not all but most of them. They are complaining this superman is not as charming like Reeve was , well maybe that is the intention, this isn't the same universe or character trait it's a new version, review the struggle not if the struggle should exist or not. And for batman many reviewers saying he goes overboard , well that is the batman for this universe not the one with Adam west and Nolan where there were specific batman traits which this batman doesn't follow, review the consequences of the actions not if the actions should exist or not. Many others say this is not fun like other comic versions and we know it means like the CW DCU or Marvel movies or Donnerverse. Those universes chose to have quips and shits and giggles and colors and candy, this doesn't , review the movie itself rather than should be sunflowers and sunshine. There are many valid criticisms that are made like the pacing suffers or the script feels disjointed but when you start tone policing the movie saying this version of superman is not the one o agree with rather than accept its here to stay and then review the movie , the rhetoric, that this movie is better than man of steel for most critics will match the RT score 

And yet all of this is just your opinion that it's all justified. Which is completely fine -- of course your opinion about the movie has as much value as mine or anyone else's -- but it's really just your opinion. "Fun" does not necessarily equal "light-weight" or "light-hearted". Nolan's movies were fairly dark. But they were also fun. What the critics are saying is that it wasn't entertaining for them.  For you to claim this is incorrect -- that stating their opinion is wrong -- is the height of hubris. Have some self-reflection, please.

• Like 3