kayumanggi

Monday Numbers: 15.05 M BVS | About a 55% drop, better than F7 Easter Monday. EPIC CJohn meltdown starts Page 18.

• Community Manager
Just now, Telemachos said:

Like I said, maybe for Film History.

In terms of art or craft, nothing in TDK that couldn't (and wouldn't) be covered with an examination of Michael Mann's career. If they examined anything of Nolan's, it'd probably be MEMENTO's script.

We actually DID look into Memento.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, eddyxx said:

I haven't seen the movie. Guess I shouldn't watch this trailer?

Maybe, if you don't want to be spoiled by some of what goes on in the third act but that's all in the title (which is easily the worst part of the movie, entirely because it doesn't mesh well with everything that comes before it).

There really aren't any big twists in the movie, though. The title lets you know what to expect. The mysterious nature of the marketing campaign was just to tease people.

2 hours ago, VGPOP said:

I really don't understand how people in here view success at the box office for a movie.

It appears the only way they can be convinced the movie is a success or will have great legs or will cross $1 billion or whatever number they deemed "sucess" is.. 

- Movie has to have an outstanding number in a non-holiday day where nowhere on Earth people celebrate anything, all adults need to report to work and 100% of all schools, middle school, high school, college, technical school, and whatever the heck you want to add are in session. The movie has to sell more tickets than whatever movie they want to compare, no exceptions. The dollar amount is irrelevant. It needs to be in the same amount or less theaters and screens than whatever movie they are comparing. 

When movie meets all that criteria, then they consider the movie is doing better than expected. 

Even after that, they are still not satisfied. 

When will this end.? 

You forgot to adjust for inflation, 3d, imax, plf,  dbox, and take internet priacy into account.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Baumer said:

Do u guys have any idea how annoying that is to scroll thru on cell?

This is an issue I've always had here and it's gotten worse. It's terrible on tablets as well, which I use heavily.

It'd be awesome mods could make a rule or announcement or something that if a post is super long, tag it in courtesy, and just tell people its not an actual spoiler.

Or yall members could just be courteous and spoiler tag your super long posts to begin with. And will yall please STOP quoting super long posts!? That makes it worse! We're Facebook now, we can tag people here...so tag them your reply. Or do what @Telemachos does and edit the super long post with "[snippet...]", or something. 

Geezzzzzzzzzzzzz.

• Like 2

Only film class I took was British history through film in 4th year... (yeah easy bird courses as you struggled with finance courses)

Watched..

Man who would be King 8/10

Ganga Din 7/10

Charge of the Light Brigade 6/10

For Telemachos. .Lawrence of Arabia 9/10

Zulu 8.5/10

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

Reading the Monday thread was not worth it. My day would be so much better if I didn't get a headache from seeing people talking about profit ratios.

EDIT: Also Cjohn's rant on my phone is killing me. Scrolling through that loool.

Edited by BoxOfficeZ
  • Like 3

4 minutes ago, Lordmandeep said:

Only film class I took was British history through film in 4th year... (yeah easy bird courses as you struggled with finance courses)

Watched..

Man who would be King 8/10

Ganga Din 7/10

Charge of the Light Brigade 6/10

For Telemachos. .Lawrence of Arabia 9/10

Zulu 8.5/10

similarly, i took a british cinema class in my second year which included; brief encounter, a matter of life and death, pressure, performance and err the englishman who went up a hill but came down a mountain.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BoxOfficeZ said:

Reading the Monday thread was not worth it. My day would be so much better if I didn't get a headache from seeing people talking about profit ratios.

EDIT: Also Cjohn's rant on my phone is killing me. Scrolling through that loool.

LOL I was at work most of the day and didn't come online and much but when I did it was when CJohn was losing his damn mind. Me and my impeccable timing.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CoolioD1 said:

similarly, i took a british cinema class in my second year which included; brief encounter, a matter of life and death, pressure, performance and err the englishman who went up a hill but came down a mountain.

Wait, what?!

• Like 1

Just now, Telemachos said:

Wait, what?!

since i went to a welsh university they were pretty determined to do a "welshness in cinema" week. those pickings are pretty slim. apparently it was either that or how green was my valley which isn't even british cinema.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Lordmandeep said:

I remember watching Ganga Din and all the white people in class were serious finding the movie racist and a great example of imperialism.

All the Indians were laughing like it's temple of doom.

Wouldn't both reactions be true?

• Like 1