abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

The funny thing about this movie is that it draws so much negativity on here even it's supporters seem begrudgingly supporting it.

Personally hope for a good hold because the only thing saving any rep for this film is great box office. If it starts to collapse at the box office then yikes.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, TimmyRiggins said:

When BvS does good numbers, people on here mostly make up excuses as to why that happened or refuse to acknowledge it, when it does less good numbers "TOLD YA"! :D

Anyway, did great yday domestic and overseas, as long as it doesn't drop 65 % +, we good.

That's not a fair statement.

A lot of the so called "haters/detractors" you mentioned, commended the the Monday numbers.

12M Tuesday is pitiful and expected given the reviews and general reactions.

I've been watching the forums the last couple of days with my popcorn in hand. But I seriously can't at people who freak out anytime anyone mentions anything negative about this film. It's like WB put them on their pay roll to defend Zach Snyder's honor. Like chill. It's just a movie that was very divisive and people are now playing the numbers game. There's no reason to take it personal. 

• Like 2

I can say this much. People are talking here about hater or labeling someone who is a hater because he/she disliked movie. But in the end, there are some members, and I am not talking one or two people, who do want the movie to fail because this means WB may put a stop in their plans to continue the other movies for DC comics.

Those with this agenda don't care at all and do enjoy seeing movie failing at the box office.

They only want their comic book heroes in the big screen. They can't stand the sight of someone else taking their places.

If you deny this, you are blind.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Deathlife said:

Why is $12m a bad number?

F7 is a fair and probably the only comparison we have looking at the size of the ow and the release date.

After the OW if BVS had the same drops as F7 it was on track 382m.

Now (after 2 more days of data) if it has the same drops as F7 it will make 379.5m.

382=>379.5 is a small decrease of 2.5m over 2 days. At this rate by the end of the weekend it will be looking at low 370s if it has the same drops as F7 next week on-wards. But it may keep on falling behind.

Edited by a2knet
  • Like 4

7 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

I've only been tracking box office for a short while, so holiday weeks are still a thing I'm figuring out. But I don't think I've seen many drops on a Tuesday before. If 12M is the right number, it feels bad.

ona new release you get want to see splillover on Monday, so the first Tuesday can often decline. Monday after easter can cause Monday to be a bit higher as well

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

ona new release you get want to see splillover on Monday, so the first Tuesday can often decline. Monday after easter can cause Monday to be a bit higher as well

Yeah, I looked at last year, and there is a drop. Maybe it's just a gut reaction to the drop. It's still too early for me to get a feel for the run yet.

27 minutes ago, RandomJC said:

Yeah, I looked at last year, and there is a drop. Maybe it's just a gut reaction to the drop. It's still too early for me to get a feel for the run yet.

should 12m stand then its likely to come in on the weekend at deadpools 56m. With worse holds going forward and losing to DP. 345-355m

1 minute ago, No Prisoners said:

should 12m stand then its likely to come in on the weekend at deadpools 56m. With worse holds going forward and losing to DP. 345-355m

That's a decent chunk of change. Though coming under Deadpool seems like a bad headline in the making.

18 minutes ago, Heat Vision said:

Except that only one paid full. Nice try.

nice try? i dont have to try, its a shitty product and i've never heard of a film studio demand their film be payed at full price on discount day. Its embarrassing. 

Could the number still be 14m? I mean the cover that Rth posted is a 4-in-1 comics..... 1 and 4 make 14.

Actually I was taking a nap right now..... and this came to me in a dream...... would be really crazy if it turned out to be correct!

1 hour ago, VGPOP said:

I can say this much. People are talking here about hater or labeling someone who is a hater because he/she disliked movie. But in the end, there are some members, and I am not talking one or two people, who do want the movie to fail because this means WB may put a stop in their plans to continue the other movies for DC comics.

Those with this agenda don't care at all and do enjoy seeing movie failing at the box office.

They only want their comic book heroes in the big screen. They can't stand the sight of someone else taking their places.

If you deny this, you are blind.

I dont want it to fail so they stop making JL movies. I want it to fail so they fire Snyder and make good JL movies.

• Like 5

1 hour ago, Nova said:

I've been watching the forums the last couple of days with my popcorn in hand. But I seriously can't at people who freak out anytime anyone mentions anything negative about this film. It's like WB put them on their pay roll to defend Zach Snyder's honor. Like chill. It's just a movie that was very divisive and people are now playing the numbers game. There's no reason to take it personal. 

Yes when a film this massively hyped turns out to be a letdown, negative posts about the bad movie is inevitable.