abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

12 minutes ago, yjs said:

I don't know what happened on that particular tuesday when Home dropped 5% but the drops were a lot softer like 2-5% for the top 3, being F7, Home and Cinderella, and the rest of the top 10 actually all increased. Not just regular cheap Tuesday but cheaper Tuesday maybe? 

anyway even if Zoo falls another 20% I wouldn't be worried, $300M seems basically locked and it can't do wrong at this point. Having said that, 10-15% drop would be ideal.

Yeah that's what I was thinking. I looked at April 7, 2015 on Box Office Mojo dailies right before I saw your post and you took the words right out of my mouth. It's definitely suspicious especially Furious 7's drop. :huh: And I still think it can pass $300 million with a 20% drop. I think I meant to say "disappointed" rather than "worried" because if it dropped 20% it wouldn't be in line with The Croods' dailies (-15% on Wednesday) which is a good comparison for the past few few days (aside from Sunday haha) :lol:

Edited by Arlo245
  • Like 2

• Community Manager

It's weird (but also amusing) to see so much anger and debate over a bad Ben Affleck movie that will soon be forgotten. 

It's not going to be forgotten. This film was a major entry in the DC Expanded Universe.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

3 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

It's weird (but also amusing) to see so much anger and debate over a bad Ben Affleck movie that will soon be forgotten. 

Actually I think this is the best batman to date imo ... JL1, JL2, ..so no we won't forget

So we are learning that Monday was NOT inflated (yesterday) but WAS inflated (today)

BvS is an art film

Critics don't like dark films

Disney pays off critics who WB then agree to post on RT

Anything else?

1 hour ago, Fake said:

So BvS will be at around 210M after Thursday.

Ha!  Take that Avengers!   Finally beat your OW!

• Like 8

6 minutes ago, La Binoche said:

I hope the movie is really forgotten in a few weeks if that makes your existence feel less irrelevant.

5 minutes ago, Harpospoke said:

So we are learning that Monday was NOT inflated (yesterday) but WAS inflated (today)

BvS is an art film

Critics don't like dark films

Disney pays off critics who WB then agree to post on RT

Anything else?

Ha!  Take that Avengers!   Finally beat your OW!

Nobody expected it to beat The Avengers, just like nobody expects mature songs from Taylor Swift.

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, filmlover said:

What do the numbers mean. What do they mean?! Tell Me! TELL ME!!!!

The successful launch of a new franchise. 

One not owned by the mouse.

#competition

• Like 1

There have been rumors that Geoff Johns, DC Entertainment CCO, and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice star Ben Affleck have been working on a Batman solo movie script together. According to talent agency William Morris Endeavor co-CEO Patrick Whitesell, the rumors are true.

"He's contracted to do at least Justice League 1 and 2, so at least three times wearing the cape," Morris told THR. "There's a script that he's written that's a really cool [Batman] idea, so that's out there as an option," he added.

Earlier this week, Affleck confirmed he was working on something with Geoff Johns outside of Batman v Superman. He told DC All Access, "You know he and I are working together on something and I really am excited about it, and I love him, he's the best."

The rumors of their collaboration for a Batman film, which Affleck would of course star in and apparently have the option to direct, first surfaced during Comic-Con International: San Diego last July. Warner Bros. has never issued an official statement about it, however.

Working for Affleck is response to his personal take on Bruce Wayne and Batman, which has been positive even amongst otherwise negative critical reviews. His next appearance as Batman will be in a cameo appearance (speculated to be a flashback) in Suicide Squad. He'll also start principal photography on Justice League Part 1 in just a couple of weeks.

http://comicbook.com/2016/03/30/ben-affleck-has-written-a-batman-movie-script/

Hmm... :sadben:

• Like 2

40 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

You are ignoring that Zootopia also dropped only 20% on Monday, which kind osurekes it a moot comparison point. Clearl y this Monday was stronger than the one when Furious 7 opened, but that doesn't exactly speak well to BvS when its Monday drop was just barely better than Furious 7, and still had a way worse decline yesterday.

Im not ignoring anything. Some of u are just looking for negativity when there isnt any. Keep it going though. It sute is entertaining

• Like 10