abra

Tuesday: BvS 12.2m (DHD) 19% drop from Monday

Is Nilephan around? Perhaps we can get numbers for the other movies?

If everything or most movies decrease, I think some of you deserve to rethink what you post sometimes.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, 5upe5 said:

Clash fell 59 and F7 61.5 weekend 2. Closer to 60 coming than 65-70% drop many are predicting?  

Yes. Most people are predicting a 65%+ drop. It opened enormously to $166M and WOM is mixed. The reason I can see it dropping harder on weekend two than F7 is because F7 was pretty well received by the GA and still dropped 60%.

Edited by JohnnyGossamer

2 minutes ago, SWXII said:

Exactly. It is an art film.

But it will still make money. 

Oh boy. If BvS is an art film we need to redefine what an art film is. Everything that's been criticized about BvS has to do with the art of the film. 

• Like 5

Movies with smaller grosses find it easier to fluctuate than movies with bigger grosses. So movies other than BVS will naturally show smaller drops and even bumps in some cases.

But nevertheless, if they are still worse off than discount tuesday of small movies in F7 post-Easter tuesday, we can cut BVS some slack*.

*which I haven't so far cause have become pessimistic about it. Disgruntled supporters sometimes turn into their opposites. It's a defense mechanism ^_^

Edited by a2knet

BVS is an experimental concept, so to an extent we can compare it to an Art film. If WB wanted it to be a huge commercial success they would use some CBM formula to make it more appealing and easy for audiences to digest. If you watch the movie, you understand what I'm saying.

Edited by Napoleon

11 minutes ago, Biggestgeekever said:

Deadline says Greek Wedding 2 increased 10% on Tuesday.

Well, that's not a good sign for BvS's number today.

Kids were out of school monday....not adults.

• Like 4