abra

Wednesday: BvS $8.1M

Just now, Dragon said:

It will cause I'm again. I can't believe this movie is flopping. Suck for WB now they are gonna wipe all the DC universe and sell the rights to Fox.

That won't happen. The DCCU will keep going. But if doesn't perform like above F7 during the weekend, good luck to WB to justify keeping Snyder to their share holders.

What could kill the DCCU is Warner letting Snyder keep going, hence why the responsible thing to do would be stop JL's production at all costs and rethink their strategy. We already  know that Ben Affleck has a draft of a Batman film ready. Get some good will with that, get a director that can deliver a great Justice League film and the tide will be changed.

Ayer should be paying close attention to this situation so his film won't suffer from it either. I trust him more than I ever will with Snyder, but I don't think he would be a perfect fit for JL like he is for Suicide Squad. 

9 minutes ago, DMan7 said:

400M now is out of the question, in fact I would say 350M is also out of the question and it should make around 800M WW not reaching 1B in the end.

[alfred]But it's such a great start, the DC universe is getting momentum while the MCU is losing ground!! Justice league will gross 11 billion dollars![/alfred]

4 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

[alfred]But it's such a great start, the DC universe is getting momentum while the MCU is losing ground!! Justice league will gross 11 billion dollars![/alfred]

Have you got a grudge against DC movies or something?

9 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

That won't happen. The DCCU will keep going. But if doesn't perform like above F7 during the weekend, good luck to WB to justify keeping Snyder to their share holders.

What could kill the DCCU is Warner letting Snyder keep going, hence why the responsible thing to do would be stop JL's production at all costs and rethink their strategy. We already  know that Ben Affleck has a draft of a Batman film ready. Get some good will with that, get a director that can deliver a great Justice League film and the tide will be changed.

Ayer should be paying close attention to this situation so his film won't suffer from it either. I trust him more than I ever will with Snyder, but I don't think he would be a perfect fit for JL like he is for Suicide Squad. 

You do know that there is such a thing as the DGA, which will prevent WB from moving forward with JL with a new director, right?

I don't think Gitesh is being particularly fair.... deadpool and F7 are really the only applicable ones in that list because of the holiday weekends which almost always means a week of drops.... 

Not that I am defending BvS and it has dropped more than I thought each day so far but still.... 

• Like 2

Just now, aliadiere29 said:

Have you got a grudge against DC movies or something?

Not really, I loved the dark knight trilogy even if the third entry isn't as good as the first two. Still an A- movie with a great performance by Christian Bale. I really liked the first Two CR's superman's. Even liked MoS some and the Tim Burton batmans, just thought BvS was a pretty mediocre film. I want the justice league film to be great, and I'll be there opening night!! I don't believe WB is pursuing the right path with these films making them dark. I understand they'll get flack for copying marvels lighter tone, but who cares? Make these films more family friendly and people will like them. Including me.

Summation of this thread without having read one post:

Crumbling

Terrible movie

will make less than 375

people hate it

All Zack's fault

Ijack explains in 147 paragraphs why this is a horrible film

filmbuff spends pages telling us how DC sucks

futurist has numerous posts about how Hitler directed the movie

And this is day 5.

• Like 13

1 minute ago, Chaz said:

You do know that there is such a thing as the DGA, which will prevent WB from moving forward with JL with a new director, right?

That didn't stop Marvel Studios to follow through with Ant-Man after Edgar Wright left for "creative reasons", did it? There's just way too much at stake to justify him, imho. There is some event with the cast tonight at Conan. Let's see if they confirm a JL film or don't even talk about it. 

WB is lucky that BvS had a great opening weekend worldwide. It's still going to make money for them, but they need to maybe STOP and rethink some things. Something is not working, and you can see that. Like someone else said, I would do the Batman film before Justice League now. This DCCU is not STOPPING, because it's still going to bring in a lot of $$$, but something isn't working right. They need to bring in NEW directors or something... idk.. new writers. Something is not right if Suicide Squad has a chance to match BvS in Box Office numbers... because there's no way this thing is hitting 1 billion, unless overseas isn't affected.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

Summation of this thread without having read one post:

Crumbling

Terrible movie

will make less than 375

people hate it

All Zack's fault

Ijack explains in 147 paragraphs why this is a horrible film

filmbuff spends pages telling us how DC sucks

futurist has numerous posts about how Hitler directed the movie

And this is day 5.

Okay this is funny. Not going to lie.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, narniadis said:

I don't think Gitesh is being particularly fair.... deadpool and F7 are really the only applicable ones in that list because of the holiday weekends which almost always means a week of drops.... 

Not that I am defending BvS and it has dropped more than I thought each day so far but still.... 

Numbers don't lie. If I'm right about this going under F7 this weekend, things will get ugly at WB. Not sure how it's performing overseas but Australia and China we know it doesn't look good. It's a steep drop, Gitesh is just noticing what many here are insisting not to. 

• Like 1

Off topic but: I just finished reading the 6th book in The Legacy of the Force series. Why?!!! Why didn't they just adapt this series?! It is so complex and it really makes you care for the characters. Jacen (Ben in TFA) is a formidable character and you get why he does what he does. Han and Leia are beyond likable (seeing their family and the Skywalker's being thorn apart in the most gruesome way possible really makes you feel sorry for them), same with the other Jedi and the story is so much more mature. Probably that is an issue also. I don't think Disney actually wants this type of movie. It is so dark (you have scenes of torture in this book). But at the same time I love love love the realism of it. It plays much more like a political drama. This is the best thing I've read in a long ass time. And it's kinda sad to see how subpar the movies are compared to the books and how much wasted potential is there. 

Off topic response....

It was a good series but there's just too much there. You're on book 6 and your still not done with the story. Plus, it's literally built on the foundation of dozens of books and comics. The EU was simply too cumbersome to keep in place and start a new trilogy. I always knew they'd wipe the slate clean if a new trilogy got greenlighted.

• Like 1

Didn't Gitesh also say BvS' opening day was $78 million, when rth was right all along and it was $82 million? I have a hard time believing gitesh anymore. I'm betting the Wednesday number is closer to rth's $8.5 million.

Peace,

Mike

Edited by MikeQ