WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 minute ago, department store basement said:

To lighten up the tone of this thread...

What's everyone on this forum excited for that's coming out this April?

I'm genuinely excited for Jungle Book especially with the early reactions.  That is about it for this month.  But can't wait for Civil War and X-Men: Apocalypse in May. 

3 minutes ago, department store basement said:

literally nothing :P 

and May is barely better than that

Edited by 75live

Just now, WrathOfHan said:

You'll be seeing it a week before America:ohmyzod::sadben: 

Everyone in the world will be seeing it one week before America :lol: That is the Marvel way.

Just now, CoolioD1 said:

midnight special comes out on friday here so i'm looking forward to that. probably that and cap 3 are my only cinema trips this month. someone tried to talk me into seeing huntsman 2 on tuesday but ahahahahahhaa.

Might be worth seeing, if only for the spectacle of Blunt/Theron/Chastain stewing in abject misery for two hours. I still can't believe that movie got made. 

• Like 1

Just now, Lordmandeep said:

Wtffff

How could it do less on Friday international then a random weekday..

This is just weird. 

It is Easter holidays almost everywhere outside of America. A random weekday is as strong as Friday.

2 minutes ago, VGPOP said:

We need to start thinking this movie may have trouble reaching $700 million after a $420 million opening. That's just sad

It'll be around $670-80m ww after this w/e which should do around $120-125m ww.   So $700m and $800m won't be a problem.  $900m is the milestone up for grabs

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, department store basement said:

JUNGLE BOOK JUNGLE BOOK JUNGLE BOOK and The Hunstman lol forgot about that one

Edited by angeldelmito

3 minutes ago, Chewy said:

People were calling each other trolls. Also someone posted a gif of Liam Neeson's dick, not to snitch but it was @CoolioD1

To be fair, if I had a picture of Liam Neeson's Dick, Id be sharing with everyone too.

• Like 1

How I see the weekend going:

Fri: $15.3M
Sat: $20.7M +35%
Sun: $12.6M -39%
W/E: $48.6M

Basically, I agree with boxoffice.com's projection. But with the way things have gone, I wouldn't be surprised if it came in under that. This was really the perfect storm of frontloading and getting a 2.0 multiplier is going to be a struggle.

• Like 1

Just finished NXT takeover, holy shit!

Nakamura is a complete beast (but we knew that already). Samoa Joe vs Balor was amazing.

Wrestlemania can't top this. At all.

BvS coming in at the low end of estimates, Rth already said this earlier in the day. Like I said, it isn't too late for WB to course correct. I would expect Snyder to be given some additonal notes regards JL. It's already too late to remove because he's started making the movie.

• Like 1