WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates : BVS 52.39M | Zootopia 20M | Wedding 11.13M | God's Not Dead 8.1M | Sun Rth - Bvs 12 or 14.2, Zoo 5.3, MBFGW2 2.8, GND2 2

1 minute ago, Jim Shorts said:

Why wouldn't they? Money is money.

Yeah, but is it a lot of money? Lots of dollar theaters have gone out of business due to the oversupply of theater screens in the USA, and from the abundance of home video options.

1 minute ago, ecstasy said:

Not good. Not bad.  It was good for THG because it was from 67m first Friday. 

Well considering the dismal reviews it had to overcome it seems quite amazing to me.

And as wom gets out that this is an A or B+ for the intended audience, I'd expect it to develop legs longer than Wonder Woman.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Not good. Not bad.  It was good for THG because it was from 67m first Friday. 

THG and BVS's Friday-only numbers aren't too far off. THG's hold was better than BVS', but for BVS it's not quite as "bad" as the numbers make it look.

THG went from a Fri-only 48m (or so) to 18.6m.

BVS went from a Fri-only 53m (or so) to.... 18-19m.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, cannastop said:

Pretty much the same as The Hunger Games second Friday.

great numbers, if they stick.

Could match its 58M weekend.

I see it having a bigger sat bump and a steeper drop on sunday.

5 minutes ago, Nova said:

So this is looking at a 65% drop, which is in line with how MOS dropped when it was out. It's interesting how Variety has it at $18M for Friday but has it doing $58M and DL has it at $18.5M but has it doing as much as $63M....

Variety's multiplier is a bit smarter than DHD's, I think. Assuming it holds between 18-19m, it's probably in the 58-60m range depending on Saturday's jump.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, iJackSparrow said:

Is Netflix The Ranch any good? It has Ashton Kutcher but c'mon, how bad can it be? 

As a 70's show fan I checked out the first couple episodes and thought it was decent enough for a sitcom. Way better than Fuller House. 

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, filmlover said:

If anyone were ever to make the argument against Meryl Streep being probably the greatest actress ever, that movie provides one hell of a rebuttal. Talk about a completely deserved Oscar.

I know somebody who claims Dustin Hoffman is a better actress.