Kalo

Black Widow | July 9 2021 | ScarJo secures the bag from Disney

Initial trailer metrics don't seem to be anything great, but it's been a while since I saw any comps. Trailer itself was solid. Loved the choral Avengers theme. 

Yeah Twitter trending is fairly poor too. It's being overshadowed by Space Jam. Granted, third trailers don't tend to do all that well anyway other than for TFA/Endgame-style events. 

Edited by Menor
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Menor said:

Initial trailer metrics don't seem to be anything great, but it's been a while since I saw any comps. Trailer itself was solid. Loved the choral Avengers theme. 

It's probably doing +10M views on twitter since it has 3M already, which is pretty good.

YouTube is hard to tell because it's frozen, but it has 131k likes in 3 hours, so it's probably doing 400k on first day, which is also pretty good.

Nothing wow like the teaser but since it's the fourth trailer, is really solid.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

It's probably doing +10M views on twitter since it has 3M already, which is pretty good.

YouTube is hard to tell because it's frozen, but it has 131k likes in 3 hours, so it's probably doing 400k on first day, which is also pretty good.

My goal is that it beats the trailer they released during the pandemic, at least. That one only did 631k likes. I wonder if it may just be that it's hard to restart the hype train after you've shut it down multiple times. 

14 minutes ago, ThomasNicole said:

youtube is at 800k

While this movie is probably not a major one at first glance it's probably the one that will determine the future of Premier Access so it's a really important one for what's to come even though I expect a 30-day or 45-day window for theater exclusivity but again a successful PA could change their mind.

• Like 2

I'll admit that I woke up today, saw the Godzilla/Kong numbers, and my first thought was:

"...They should have kept Black Widow in May."  

Best trailer yet, in my opinion, and it's clear they're intending to stick to JULY 9th, the way they emphasize it...  😂

38 minutes ago, WandaLegion said:

I think there’s a common attitude of “this movie is never really coming out” and hype will slowly recover people, realize “no, really, actually, it’s in theaters two weeks.”

Yeah, even on twitter I've been seeing people all "If it really comes out in July", so I imagine it'll get better. I kinda get with so many false starts some might not comprehend that this time it's different and this really is it, but once they do they'll get excited again.

I'm not watching footage outside of the first trailer still, but I listened to the audio since I wanted to hear this choral Russian Avengers theme, so I heard the dialogue and now I'm all:

0S7RqEV.gif

7th July previews cannot come fast enough and there better not be a damn lockdown otherwise I will die. Also I took a peek at the very end title card/animation and it looks so good. 😭

1 hour ago, Fullbuster said:

While this movie is probably not a major one at first glance it's probably the one that will determine the future of Premier Access so it's a really important one for what's to come even though I expect a 30-day or 45-day window for theater exclusivity but again a successful PA could change their mind.

I don’t want this to be another Mulan or Raya. 

I’m hoping for at least a $50m opening weekend after Godzilla Vs Kong 

2 hours ago, Menor said:

My goal is that it beats the trailer they released during the pandemic, at least. That one only did 631k likes. I wonder if it may just be that it's hard to restart the hype train after you've shut it down multiple times. 

It won´t match the last one on YT, but will surpass on twitter from what i remember.

And 631k likes is actually a lot, is pretty hard to do more than that, the teaser did 1.6M likes and is one of the biggest ever on YouTube.

Usually the first video is the biggest, but i do think the restart of the campaign so many times really didn´t help. But i don´t think it will impact the movie anyway, everyone knows the movie exist, they only need to keep pushing the date.

4 hours ago, Menor said:

Yeah Twitter trending is fairly poor too. It's being overshadowed by Space Jam. Granted, third trailers don't tend to do all that well anyway other than for TFA/Endgame-style events. 

obviously, it's the fourth trailer.