CJohn

Weekend Thread | The Jungle Book - Early Weekend Estimates 101m - 103m (DHD - Page 59) (Fri 32m, Sat 41.5m-42m) | RTH Saturday Early Est = 40-44M (Page 46) | Barbershop TNC - Est 20.4m (DHD) | Boss -59% | Hardcore Henry epic -71%

5 hours ago, Ryan Reynolds said:

Happy for Favs, always thought he got screwed out of the Avengers

So Favreau's Avengers would've been a bigger hit critically and financially?

I doubt it.

He's a great director but Whedon had his finger on the pulse at the time.

TA might not be the perfect film but it was a near perfect way to introduce The Avengers to the world.

• Like 3

Disney can't stop dominating.

I wish the whole marketing department from Disney Portugal would get fired. They can't sell a movie. Every Disney movie except animations underperforms badly here.

25 minutes ago, Olive said:

BVS won't be in DOM  top5 this year just like last year's MJ2...:sadben:

Yeah that's locked I guess.

There's a chance that it could be out of top-5 in July itself.

DP, ZOOTP, TJB, CW, DORY

• Like 2

2 hours ago, The Futurist said:

Yeah, 95m is a nice target, 100m will be tough.

Will it have Inside Out run? I think it will end up with $320M - $330M, slightly less than Minions with CA:CW coming in on its fourth weekend...

6 minutes ago, zackzack said:

Will it have Inside Out run? I think it will end up with $320M - $330M, slightly less than Minions with CA:CW coming in on its fourth weekend...

That would put it around the same mark as BVS and ZOOTP. That race will be fun to watch. Reminds me of KONG vs NARNIA vs POTTER. Though KONG was really far behind. I was expecting KONG 350-400m, POTTER 300m and NARNIA 200-250m. Reverse order happened.

Edited by a2knet

18 minutes ago, CJohn said:

I wish the whole marketing department from Disney Portugal would get fired. They can't sell a movie. Every Disney movie except animations underperforms badly here.

He returns

• Like 1

:ohmygod::ohmygod::ohmygod: 

Can't believe Gitesh convinced me into raising my Barbershop prediction to mid 20's. Those holds are.... something. The Boss is going to drop 60% which is very unusual for McCarthy, BVS is having another shitty drop (expected), and Hardcore Henry could drop 70% :rofl: 

Edited by WrathOfHan
  • Like 1

27 minutes ago, CJohn said:

8 minutes ago, fmpro said:

He returns

abeautifulmind.jpg

I was just mentioning this to Schumacher and cJohn, but I am really not a big animation fan as some of you may know however the Jungle Book is definitely a movie I will see in theaters. I like Jon Favreau as a director but the movie itself looks amazing and I like the cast for the voiceovers. This will definitely get me into the theater

• Like 5

3 minutes ago, Baumer said:

I was just mentioning this to Schumacher and cJohn, but I am really not a big animation fan as some of you may know however the Jungle Book is definitely a movie I will see in theaters. I like Jon Favreau as a director but the movie itself looks amazing and I like the cast for the voiceovers. This will definitely get me into the theater

It's a live-action rendition of the classic animated Disney film with heavy CGI.

Some hefty drops across the board but I guess it's obvious The Jungle Book ate into everything. Playing heavily to all four quadrants is definitely a tremendous sign.

Edited by filmlover

3 minutes ago, Ethan Hunt said:

Well this is where I admit that I was totally off basis with my Jungle Book predictions and the rest of you were right to be predicting as high as you were

You let bias cloud your judgement my young padawan. Like most of the CBM Fanboys here ?