WrathOfHan

Weekend Estimates (Page 13): Jungle Book 42.4M | Keanu and Huntsman 9.4M | Mother's Day 8.3M | Barbershop 6.1M | Ratchet 4.8M | CIVIL WAR OS OW 200.2M!!!! (Page 14)

24 minutes ago, TalismanRing said:

Bruce Willis so so fucking jealous.

Bruce Willis was offered 3 million for 4 days work on Expendables 3.  He wanted a million a day.  He was fired and replaced with Harrison Ford.  Greed kills.

• Like 2

I can't even imagine the type of life you must lead in order to be unsatisfied with earning $750,000 a day.

At my current wage, it would take me 25 years in order to accumulate that kind of cash - or 9,125 days. I literally cannot get my head around that level of money.

Edited by Treetrunk Special
  • Like 11

Projection for the rest of Jungle Book's run:

Remainder of this week: 12.2M (264.3M total)

May 6: 25M (8.5M weekdays, 297.8M total)

May 13: 18M (5.5M weekdays, 321.3M total)

May 20: 9.8M (3.3M weekdays, 333.3M total)

May 27: 6.4M (2.6M weekdays, 342.3M total)

Jun 2: 2.9M (1.1M weekdays, 346.3M total)

Jun 10: 1.8M (600k weekdays, 348.7M total)

Pretty much expect it to finish at 350M.

8 hours ago, La Binoche said:

The best movie of the year, Green Room, straight up bombing...I think it will take at least a decade for people to fully realize the overall damage Marvel did to cinema. 

If this year is "Marvel's fault"...thank you Marvel!    So far I'm loving Deadpool, Zootopia, and...

Just got out of Jungle Book.    OMG....FANTASTIC movie!!!!    It's getting the best WOM possible from me.

But wait....didn't Star Wars, Jurassic Park, Lord of the Rings, Harry Potter, and Twilight already ruin movies?    I notice there were almost 700 movies released last year and already over 200 this year....kinda seems like there are movies for any possible taste in cinema to me.  *shrug*

6 hours ago, filmlover said:

Let's not forget The Jungle Book will be everyone's #1 alternative if Captain America is sold out.

Might be the 1st choice period for some people. :D     CW is going to have a hard act to follow.    I'm already doubting I can possibly like CW as much as TJB.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

That Zootopia-Jungle Book- Civil War Holy Trinity will be tough to beat this year, quality & bo wise.

Don't you mean quadrilogy with Finding Dory in June. 

Edited by Rman823

1 minute ago, Rman823 said:

Don't you mean quadrilogy with Finding Nemo in June. 

We ll see I guess, I hope it s good, everything we ve seen so far was not very exciting but Pixar movies rarely make good trailers.

2 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

We ll see I guess, I hope it s good, everything we ve seen so far was not very exciting but Pixar movies rarely make good trailers.

With the year Disney's been having so far I really hope it's another Toy Story 3 quality wise instead of a Cars 2 or Monsters University (which I thought was ok but nowhere near the level of the first). 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, La Binoche said:

Rest in piss Jennifer Aniston's film "career" 

Nice #s for The Meddler...talented actresses like Sarandon and Rose Byrne winning :)

Reminds me of someone... :thinking:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Baumer said:

WTF is wrong with you?  I think you just hate celebrities.  I'm sure there are other websites where you can express such hate and vitriol.  You seem to have a problem with most actors and singers and so on.

Are you blind? I praised Susan Sarandon and Rose Byrne in the post you quoted. I trashed Aniston's career. There was more praise than vitriol in my post. You just focused on what you wanted and neglected the rest. Aniston is trash -- her PR games and Oscar campaigns (using a dead ex for sympathy votes and being called out by her widow) are disgusting.

I wanted to love Sing Street but eh. That 97 RT score raised my expectations too high. 

• Like 3

Just read the week-end report on boxofficemojo

Used to follow those VERY closely, eager to read them, follow their analysis. Now they're just... nothing. Empty. Numbers report, and that's it.

Saddens me :(

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Treetrunk Special said:

I can't even imagine the type of life you must lead in order to be unsatisfied with earning $750,000 a day.

At my current wage, it would take me 25 years in order to accumulate that kind of cash - or 9,125 days. I literally cannot get my head around that level of money.

It's all relative. When most top athletes, movies stars and ceo's were making less than $250k per year year in the 60s, Elvis was angry with his manager for signing a 1 year $1m contract in vegas. 

He said, "I can't live on that, I'll go broke!"

2 hours ago, Daxtreme said:

Just read the week-end report on boxofficemojo

Used to follow those VERY closely, eager to read them, follow their analysis. Now they're just... nothing. Empty. Numbers report, and that's it.

Saddens me :(

Brad Brevet is a movie reviewer first, awards speculator second, box office analyst third. I was kind of surprised the Mojo gig was offered to him and he accepted it. Wish Mojo had just funded his Rope of Silicon site instead, and incorporated their data archives and BO reporting there.

Oh well, still better than the two guys who preceded him.