CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

2 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

I WILL NEVER GO DOWN AND BELIEVE FIRMLY IN THIS.. I'M READY!!! I'M TAKING IT TO EVERYONE ON THIS!!

y1IUh1.gif

Might want to use some good ole math and evidence in your analysis, but more power to you, I guess. 

• Like 1

75M OD with the following legs:

Cap: 75/64/51.8/190.8M

Avengers: 75/64.6/53/192.6M

IM3: 75/67.8/46.8/189.6M

TDW: 75/79.5/53.9/208.4M

TWS: 75/70.4/47.6/193M

GOTG: 75/61.4/50.5/186.9M

Ant-Man: 75/64.4/50/189.4M

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, johnboy3434 said:

I'm hoping it can at least make $205M this weekend. Beneath that is my criteria for "underperforming".

Fourth or fifth best OW of all time is "underperforming"?

Tough crowd.

• Like 2

So let me get this straight, this might gross $185m OW and people are acting like the sky is falling? it is still almost certainly going to outgross AoU with those numbers. and it's not even an Avengers film! Disney is celebrating right now, I guarantee it.

• Like 4

5 minutes ago, cannastop said:

You have really high standards, then.

More like the box office tracking sites have high standards. As far as total domestic gross, they've all been talking in the $500M's and the $600M's. For a total performance like that, $205M is a reasonable expectation for OW.

EDIT: Not to say that it's a flop, or even that it's going to lose money (I sincerely doubt it will), but that it's disappointing given the expectations.

Edited by johnboy3434

34 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Since Friday is 75M Estimated, I'm confidentally predicting 80-85M Saturday and 70-75M on Sunday.. We all know by now, well at least I do, that MARVEL Movies increase HEAVILY on Saturday and Sunday and this will be no exception..

Delusional.gif

• Like 2

1 hour ago, John Marston said:

180m is great. Sadly a lot of people, including BO.com and Mojo got out of hand in predicting it seems. I think it will get closest to Gitesh Pandya's prediction 

Everyone, John thinks this is a great number.  If John think it's a great number, then it's a great number.

$165-180m would be fantastic for the movie and in no way indicates franchise fatigue just because it didn't top an Avengers OW. It's not an Avengers movie in name, and that still makes a difference.

I still say the movie was headed to like a $120m OW up until a couple months ago when marketing finally kicked into gear and they got the GA super stoked for Spidey. Coming off of the heels of Ultron and that first trailer I think the buzz was lukewarm, but they did a helluva job since March or so. Props to Disney marketing once again. And if a Captain America movie beats IM3s OW by even a smidge then I think the best possible case OW scenario for it was already realized.

• Like 1