CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

4 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I've now seen posts saying rainy AND sunny weather is a problem. Which is it?

it's actually both...and the snow and hail

1 minute ago, FTF said:

I think part of the issue is, while it's a good superhero movie, it offers nothing new from Avengers 1, 2 or really even WS. Marvel has a formula for making these MCU movies and outside of GOTG or IM3 they haven't deviated much from it.

That is true they are 13 films now therefore from a business point of view Marvel is perfectly fine really. 

Take for example Jurassic World, the sequel will do well but by JW3 or even 4 it will be non entity in comparison to the original.

Fact Marvel stays relevant for so long and likely will to about 2020 or so is quite different and unique

2 minutes ago, RichWS said:

I've now seen posts saying rainy AND sunny weather is a problem. Which is it?

I don't think either has much influence. It rained heavily all day here and people showed up in droves. Sunny weather would have had the same turnout, if past Marvel OWs at that particular theater are any indicator. 

7 minutes ago, RichWS said:

The rest of summer is packed. Where do you release it otherwise? You drop it on a holiday weekend and hope for the best.

The fall. Not directly after 3 CBMs. But then again you'd have had SS. I don't know. This year was just a release your CBM and hope for the best. 

37 minutes ago, marveldcfox said:

I am thinking same. 

Xmen Apocalypse is going to be a major casualty. Just wait and watch. 

After the surprise of Deadpool and the disappointment of BvS, audience may have had their fill. CW will still bring big numbers but not Ultron size...unless it has legs.

You should worry about  those late in the game: Suicide Squad & Strange.

Edited by zackzack
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, vc2002 said:

I predicted a Ironman 3 level OW. I guess that should now be what Cival War is heading for?

It'll open a bit higher then that, but yes, around that range. 

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

16 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

Doctor strange looks to 'out there' for it do to well. Total niche film. It'll do Antman numbers top. Fact is CW should've don't better.

With Capt + Iron man + Spidey

200 m is still a major milestone.

Only 3 movies have done it in history, I think.

Everything has to fall into place for it to happen.

Throwing a couple popular characters into a movie won't be enough by itself.

5 minutes ago, zackzack said:

After the surprise of Deadpool and the disappointment of BvS, audience may have had their fill. CW will still bring big numbers but not Ultron size...unless it has legs.

You should worry about  those late in the game: Suicide Squad & Strange.

this is exactly why i don't think Suicide Squad is reaching GOTG numbers. 

Strange is probably the hardest property that Marvel has had to sell, but if anyone can do it, they can.