CJohn

Weekend Thread | RTH pg 197...Mother's Day not kind to CW but very kind to JB and MD CW 42, JB 9,7, MDD 6.1,Hunts 1.48...puts CW at about 178M

6 minutes ago, The Futurist said:

The reverse psychology games in this place are gold to be honest.

Gonna be lots of over-reactions and bitterness involved this weekend.

More than usual that is.

• Like 1

Just now, moviesRus said:

idk why all these sites suddenly started jumping on the $210-215m train? for a long time it was predicted for $170m..

They were obviously listening to us. We're the real experts.

Anything over $180m is still an excellent number all things considered. With better reception legs should bring it above Ultron total.

Any word on how it's doing in China yet?

• Like 2

To remind people, Ultron matinees were so huge that the trades and Rth had it going as high as $100M, while Avengers and Jurassic World early estimates started at $65M.

Not that that means it will go in the direction of the latter two, but it just emphasizes that Ultron had a very high presale:walk-in ratio. CW could end up being the same, but hopefully the WOM helps out.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, ecstasy said:

Don't feel sorry for me. I paid to see it and I'm very happy I did. You should save your sympathies for other movies.:lol:

But it would be better if you got paid to see it. Hopefully this isn't the only movie I get paid to watch this summer.

18 minutes ago, GiantCALBears said:

What's extremely disappointing is these type of reactions to a $180m+ open (not to mention the massive OS haul).

Are they really disappointing? This is the board in which the one-billion-dollar hit Age of Ultron is frequently called a box office disappointment.

1 hour ago, Lordmandeep said:

180 + is bad?

Nope...that's my exact prediction so I think it's perfect.   :D 

14 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Ah so now it's a Captain America movie.

Been a Cap movie the whole time to me and especially after seeing it.   Cap 2 is really the movie you need to see before seeing CW to make sense of the plot.

Bkb, the question has been answered more than once and more than fairly.

Heck I have said at least twice since you have gone into meltdown mode that the early weekend estimates are low and will still hit around $200 mil after the smoke clears 

So apparently you must be looking  for some specific answer that only you know.  

Now if you are still talking about over $225, that's already been explained too. Even at the top of today's estimated for Friday, it literally impossible for the weekend without previews to make $200 on its own. 

Satisfied now? :P

2 minutes ago, redfirebird2008 said:

I dunno about that. They certainly don't hurt a film when they're strong. If anything it just creates more buzz.

People who would check RT before seeing this film probably aren't the ones  skimping out on work or school to go to a weekday matinee though.

Edited by moviesRus