TalismanRing

Monday (5.9.16) #s: Cap3: $13.29m / JB: $1.52m

5 minutes ago, moviesRus said:

Does anyone even care about this non-milestone though.

I just don't want it to pass GotGs 333m gross.

the 332m mark is interesting because if it fails to hit that it will be the first major cbm to miss a 2x multi as far as I know and one of the only blockbuster movies to.

Edited by MovieMan89

7 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

the 332m mark is interesting because if it fails to hit that it will be the first major cbm to miss a 2x multi as far as I know and one of the only blockbuster movies to.

Well there's...

watchmen-theatrical-poster-big.jpg

Edited by cookie
  • Like 1

If CW follows Ultron, it will stay flat today or decrease slightly.  You won't be getting a 20% increase on the first tuesday....

• Like 6

4 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is there any movie over 200m that didn't hit a 2x multi? New Moon, BD1, and BD2 all barely made it

As far as I'm aware, BvS will be the first movie to open over 150m and possibly have less than a 2x. 

15 minutes ago, MovieMan89 said:

Is there any movie over 200m that didn't hit a 2x multi? New Moon, BD1, and BD2 all barely made it

Nope. Highest grossing movie to miss it is Fifty Shade of Grey with $166 million. Second is Valentine's Day and third is Watchmen.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, junkshop36 said:

As far as I'm aware, BvS will be the first movie to open over 150m and possibly have less than a 2x. 

First film that opened to over $85,171,450 to probably have a less than 2x multiplier.

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Wow.. I left to cause the lights came on after the Mid-Credit Scene and people started to leave.. Any idea what it was??

I'll pm you.

3 hours ago, James said:

Avengers is Iron Man and friends. And people are shocked that Downey asks for 50m per movie. I actually think he's not getting enough. If Depp made 350m of the 4 Pirates movies, averaging more than 87m per movie (and will receive another reported 75 to 95m for Pirates 5, thanks to that back end deal), I'm sure Downey can do the same. And speaking of Depp, adding another 50m some sources reported he will receive for Alice 2, he might end up with close to 150m for 2 movies. That is insane. 

This is true.

Downey is a very charismatic actor, much more than the rest together.

The difference he´s an actor with an intense life and a lot of hard experiences that reflects on screen with this kind of presence that eclipses the rest.

i don´t know which kind of contract he has, but for sure he´s legit to ask 20 % of profit of any MCU movies that he appears. This for sure can be 100 m. per movie.

It made me laugh when i read that a big executive of Disney said "nobody in MCU is indispensable, if they ask for a lot of money we can hire another actor inmdiately"

...try not to cast Downey and you can see what happens with the numbers...

• Like 6

25 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

Wow.. I left to cause the lights came on after the Mid-Credit Scene and people started to leave.. Any idea what it was??

You've seen it three times but didn't see the final end credits scene?

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, BKB IS CAPTAIN AMERICA said:

The 1st time was with the MARVEL Marathon and after 14 Hours, I couldn't wait to leave.. Then the next day on Friday, my sister and I saw it and her leg was bothering her from when she broke it and had surgery, so we left and today, I saw it in IMAX 2D at Noon and stayed for the Mid-Credit, but not the end.. I will though next week when I see this again on Discount Tuesday in IMAX.. You can't beat this for $6.00 in IMAX.. $11.00 in IMAX on the other days before Noon..

I highly recommend you stay for the 2nd end credit scene. It's excellent.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, pensivepenguin said:

So ... what number is reasonable to expect for today?  Staying flat at 13M would be the best-case scenario, if a little bit impossible, so I'm thinking 11M for today?

Well Im3 and Ultron stayed flat so it could stay flat.

Tuesday is the big number really, if it stays flat then the 2nd weekend will likely be in the uper 70's 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, FilmBuff said:

I think it's headed for around a 55% drop this weekend. This weekend is a wasteland!

So was Ultron's second weekend so it's not saying that much.