TalismanRing

Monday (5.9.16) #s: Cap3: $13.29m / JB: $1.52m

What was the weather like in Mexico (-66.9% - before anyone mentions the holiday this weekend, JB dropped 31%)

Netherlands (61.4%), South Africa (-71.6%), Norway (-69.5%), Iceland (-60.3%) Australia (-57.5%). 

I don't think it's to do with weather.

I think people rush out to these films to remain spoiler free. 

Yep great number. Essentially the same # (not the drop, the number) as Ultron's Monday, will be interesting to see how it tracks opposite that all week

3 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What was the weather like in Mexico (-66.9% - before anyone mentions the holiday this weekend, JB dropped 31%)

Netherlands (61.4%), South Africa (-71.6%), Norway (-69.5%), Iceland (-60.3%) Australia (-57.5%). 

Australia and Mexico have hot climates, so weather has little impact. UK and Netherlands have same climate, so sun has an impact. Relativity.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/10/uk-box-office-film-bad-neighbours-2-florence-foster-jenkins-meryl-streep

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

What was its international weekend drop? 

I know it went from $200.4m to $217m but that was with China (96m) and 32 other markets added from 5th.

Its hard to tell.

It did 120 million  in non China markets

So I would say it fell 60% overall in holdover. 

However I expect third weekend to be okay as China is still strong and third weekend in many markets.

I would say it will be around 650 million overseas sunday likely more

So 800 is done deal.

Edited by Lordmandeep
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ent said:

Shitty weather has started today in Brussels after a superb 4/5 sunny days.  

It has been raining with some glimpse of sunny rays but most of the time, the sky appears somber and cloudy.  It seems rain is ahead

Same weather is comming to northern europe this weekend. Maybe we will see good holds in many countries

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Krissykins said:

Nederlands, Belgium and Luxembourg have basicly the same climate considering they are tiny and closely related.

Plus Dutch people are very closed to Flemish Belgians in terms of customs.  They are more prone to do outdoors, go outside, take their bycicles and go to the northern sea or cafes, especially when it's sunny like it has been those past few days.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Australia and Mexico have hot climates, so weather has little impact. UK and Netherlands have same climate, so sun has an impact. Relativity.

http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/may/10/uk-box-office-film-bad-neighbours-2-florence-foster-jenkins-meryl-streep

Yeh I follow Guardian on Twitter.

3 minutes ago, fastclock said:

Well, CA:CW is a Cap-sequel that has many of the Avengers - so w should expect the number to fall between CA2 and the AOU.

It looks like it will do that, closer to AOU, but short of it.

Depends on the drops.  CA3 has more competition Memorial Day w/e but AOU had Pitch Perfect 2 and Mad Max in it's 3rd w/e - almost $115m of openers.  Angry Birds, Nice Guys and Neighbors 2 all together might not do $80m combined.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, Heretic said:

Weather here is unpredictable. We just had like the coldest April ever, obviously people are gonna take advantage of good weather. Unlike some countries, we aren't blessed with guaranteed sun and warmth.

-_- 

Just now, FilmBuff said:

Wait!! I thought Baumer said this movie had bad wom?

When did I say that?  I said poor first half might have contributed to some of the larger drops in international markets over the weekend.  

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, AJ2k said:

In Pittsburgh we get about 100 sunny days a year lol. I can understand the need to take advantage of good weather.

I live for overcast. I'm so accustomed to it that the sun hurts my eyes. I wouldn't have it any other way here in the 'burgh. I'm dreading what will likely be another humid as hell summer here.

• Like 3