CaptainJackSparrow

The Little Mermaid | Disney | May 26, 2023 | Queen Halle will rule the summer!

5 hours ago, AniNate said:

I'm well aware of the current economic state of the industry, I just wish the rare big budget original content that did get theatrical exhibition got a little more benefit of the doubt.

It would if audiences rewarded their faith. Sadly, for the most part they don't.

1 hour ago, AniNate said:

I mean benefit of the doubt from certain online forum posters.

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread any further. Maybe I'll end up shocked and The Little Mermaid remake is actually a groundbreaking piece of original art.

Oh okay, I misread that.

5 hours ago, AniNate said:

Anyway, don't want to derail this thread any further. Maybe I'll end up shocked and The Little Mermaid remake is actually a groundbreaking piece of original art.

Nobody's claiming it is going to be so you're just yelling and arguing with yourself. Have fun with that!

8 hours ago, AniNate said:

I mean I have no doubt Elemental would be an infinitely better movie, apart from Lightyear, there’s not been a Pixar movie that’s missed for me since Toy Story 4. 

I just am uncertain sadly of its box office potential, especially because it opens the same day as another big kids movie that does seem very likely upon reactions to open to 100m+ and smother it OW wise. Could have strong legs though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, jedijake said:

Nobody's claiming it is going to be so you're just yelling and arguing with yourself. Have fun with that!

Just trying to steer the thread back on topic. My bitterness was relating to dismissal of Elemental for not being "original enough".

2 hours ago, AniNate said:

Just trying to steer the thread back on topic. My bitterness was relating to dismissal of Elemental for not being "original enough".

Same ol same ol. Remakes are unoriginal. Reboots are unoriginal. Sequels are unoriginal. Everyone wants something original. Then, when there is something new and original, people complain that it sucks or is too much like other things, thus, unoriginal. Animations may or may not do well, but live action original stuff fails right out of the gate.

And hence why studios stick with remakes, reboots, and sequels. If people are going to complain, at least they complain while paying money. And people still bitch and moan. Rinse and repeat. Thank GOD for streaming nowadays!

Little bits and pieces leading up to the March 12 full trailer is a very clever and new marketing strategy. We may see more 30 second teases like this each week until the trailer and then full onslaught until the movie. Maybe this was why the rumored full trailer was pulled from Superbowl.

Looks great!

Edited by jedijake

5 minutes ago, jedijake said:

Little bits and pieces leading up to the March 12 full trailer is a very clever and new marketing strategy.

Between this + Super Mario, I like this much more than one full trailer every 3 months until release.

"trailer" here is stretching it, but the idea is the same.