CJohn

MEH-MORIAL DAY WEEKEND BOX OFFICE | Abandon all hope, the box office is dead. 3 day weekend #s X-Men 65M, Alice 28.1M, Angry Birds 18.7M, Civil War 15.1M, Neighbors 9.1M. Bad openings, horrible holdovers.

1 minute ago, Blank Panther said:

I really wish Midnight Special, Sing Street, and Everybody Wants Some would've released semi-wide this month rather than last; there's even less good stuff in theaters now

Like I have to go see Civil War again next Wednesday literally just because there's nothing good out besides it and The Nice Guys

Yeah, we'll be seeing Civil War again on Memorial Day.  X-men and Alice were strongly "no-ed'

1 hour ago, WrathOfHan said:

Every Fourth of July release will be below Dory and ID :lol: The Purge is the only one with a chance at winning.

Possibly Central Intelligence, too. If it ends up with a hefty OW and great WOM. 

24 minutes ago, Maxmoser3 said:

Alice 2 bombs. X-Men surprises. Holdovers are stronger than ever.(an early prediction).

I could see Angry Birds finishing within $5 million of Alice 2 over the 4 day :lol: it's not that crazy for a $30-35 million 4 day to happen 

Civil War, Neighbors 2, Nice Guys, JB, Money Monster and Zootopia all should hold well, too since Alice 2 is bombing hard and X-Men might only do 75-80 for the 4 day 

Edited by mahnamahna

Not kidding when I say the most interesting thing going on for me BO-wise is The Lobster's expansion. If A24 actually manages to get something that idiosyncratic and singular into even a semi-wide release for a couple of weeks it'll be amazing. So far it's holding OK too.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, James said:

Disney will still pay him for Pirates. They want that billion.

Pirates is already filmed. It will be released. Disney will pay off Amber to go away.