FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

9 minutes ago, FilmBuff said:

I told you this movie was easily breaking the animation OW. Finding nemo is one of the top 3 or 4 most popular animated films of all time. Glad dreck the turd is out of 1st place now.

9 years later and with 3d.

Shrek the Third is very bad but his OW was amazing.

pd:The real challenge is $441,226,247.

Edited by efialtes76

I think there's a chance the animation record doesn't fall. Pixar movies are -- by far -- the most frontloaded of animated movies (because of their larger grownup fanbase) and with DORY being a highly anticipated sequel, it's possible that the preview number is inflated compared to the rest of the weekend. 

• Like 7

After Deadpool previews came in:

"100M 3 Day is happening :ohmygod::ohmygod: " -Me

"Depends. GOTG did 11.2 but ended with 93M. Will be interesting to see if families show up for this like they did for that movie." -grim22

"Deadpool will be more frontloaded [than 50 Shades]." -efialtes76

"100m in 4 Days is a done deal, now the interesting question will be, if the movie can do it in 3 already." -Poseidon 

"250-270M is where it's probably going to land." -Me

You guys are WEAK. I am WEAK. Dory is going to be HUGE.

• Like 8

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

I think there's a chance the animation record doesn't fall. Pixar movies are -- by far -- the most frontloaded of animated movies (because of their larger grownup fanbase) and with DORY being a highly anticipated sequel, it's possible that the preview number is inflated compared to the rest of the weekend. 

FUCK YOU TELE.

Dory will own your ass

Edited by Ethan Hunt
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Daniel Dylan Davis said:

That animation opening weekend record has a really strong chance of going down now.

Oh, it's more than a strong chance now.

BTW, did anyone look at Fandango listings just to try to get a sense of sales?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Telemachos said:

no oprah smh not amused oprah winfrey

This post will be quoted next time a weekend breakout happens.

• Like 12

Just now, Telemachos said:

It's looking real good, but yeah, too soon to call it locked.  Let's at least wait and see what the Friday total is.  

• Like 1

Just now, James said:

From all the things that could've break out this summer, this shit does it. Jeez. The only good thing coming from it is that it's a success for Ellen. I love that woman.

Shut up James. Finding Nemo is the greatest animation ever and you should worship it

• Like 3