FlashMaster659

Weekend Thread | Weekend Estimates - FD: $136.2M, CI: $34.5M, TC2: $15.56M, NYSM2: $9.65M, Flopcraft: $6.52M

Think about it, if Dory follows Minion's weekend, it does 170M for 3 days. Obviously being a highly awaited sequel will make it more front-loaded. But it's cool to wonder how frontloaded minions already was, and how much Dory's WOM could make up for that.

1 minute ago, filmlover said:

I think people are just happy that something has finally blown up (since the nostalgia-riding sequel set for next weekend is obviously not going to be it at this point).

Yeah, the aggregate seasonal total's never been interesting to me either. 

10 minutes ago, filmlover said:

Really strong? lol.

I was just trying playing it safe. I'm pretty sure and hopeful that the opening weekend animation record is going down . Either that those are excellent midnight numbers for Dory.

Edited by Daniel Dylan Davis

From the JW weekend thread after previews came in:

"Great number. Don't see it getting to Furious 7 numbers for the weekend, but 140M should be doable." -grim22

"This is so insanely massive you guys: just think, we haven't even reached the family audience yet, this can have monster SAT and SUN holds. We could be very well looking at minimum 130- maximum 160M." -Kelli

"Lets not get ahead of ourselves yet tho. Wait for Friday numbers. We know how preview numbers can be." -jandrew

"If this does over 140M I will be super happy!" -CJohn

"If JW does something like 140m, I doubt Dory could do it." -BoxOfficeZ

A Top 5 OW of all time is coming people.

• Like 6