FlashMaster659

Thursday #s: (DHD) Dory 17.4M

Definitely some great numbers. The real test is how it will perform over the weekend. Toy Story 3 had relatively muted weekend boosts thanks to its strong weekdays, and Dory's have been even stronger in comparison to its weekend numbers.

I'm not on the $80 million weekend boat yet. It might struggle to hit $70 million.

19 minutes ago, Mango said:

It might struggle to hit $70 million.

Although I'm not with $80M just yet, $70M weekend would require a 21% Th-Fri increase. I can't recall a summer movie only getting to that mark in its second weekend. I'm thinking mid to high 70s is more reasonable if it follows Toy Story 3's muted Th-Fri increase. It's not like Dory has big competition this weekend targeting families.

Edited by BenedictL11

1 hour ago, tribefan695 said:

Just remarkable that Nemo's original adjusted run is anywhere close to being in play now

I kind of suspected as much...although I was a little hesitant to predict anything more than 500M originally. Finding Nemo is the best selling DVD of all time. It had a huge run in theatres and gained an even larger audience after it was released. Waiting 13 years for nostalgia to kick in and delivering a sequel that lives up to the first (94% on rotten tomatoes) has made this the must see movie of the summer. 

Edited by Lumos
  • Like 1